Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I’m new here and have had my particular RSX since 2016.

To break down the story:

Recently I had my clutch changed from Exedy stage 1 to a action stage 3 with the lightweight flywheel.
Total cost $1300.

I had my friend install it for me because he’s a mechanic and had a shop but he was sick that day but proceeded to do the clutch change anyways.

He forgot to put the oil cap back on to the transmission after flushing the fluid and the tranny seized up on the highway a few days later. Called my friend and he agrees to pay half of the new transmission and install it.
Total cost: 1300

After buying a freshly built K20Z3 tranny with lsd, carbon synchros and built gears, I “warranty installed” the tranny back on my car with the help of my mechanic friend, I started driving the car just to notice that the 3rd gear kept grinding.

Went back to the shop that sold it to me and said it wasnt like that beforehand. checked and found the tranny was misaligned by my friend so the shop realigned the tranny and all was good.. for a while..

one Night I’m driving home, I decided to rip my car to 9000RPM, and booom scratch my car is making weird noises and none of the gears are engaging.

tow the car to the shop and they open it up, pulling the tranny, and we find out that the CLUTCH was misaligned, causing the teeth of the clutch to just disintegrate. we open up the tranny and 3rd gear was messed from the misalignment. I call my mechanic friend and he agrees to pay for half again.. for a new clutch, flywheel resurfacing and transmission rebuild.
Total cost $1800

Now my tranny is back in, everything is good to go and it’s driving perfectly, except the fact that third is STILL grinding.

I call the shop and they said they will warranty the third gear hub because they didn’t change that one part. Free of charge..
All while this is happening, My girlfriends parents want to help pay for a new car for me and her to drive if I pay for half of the car. Someone gives me a good offer on my car.. around $8500 CAD for it.

I’m thinking I want to just fix it and drive it, get some new wheels and maybe do a engine rebuild for turbo.

ive had this car since I was 16, first with a base model, till I was 21, bought a Type S and Now I’m 25 years old.

im looking at getting an Acura ILX or RLX. A used one is selling for 15,500 CAD and 17,500 CAD respectively with low KM (around 80,000KM)

my car is at 205,000KM or 120ish miles

what y’all think I should do ??
Sorry for the long story but

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found some wedsports for $900 I’m about to buy them but the buyer for my
car wants to take my car this week if possible. WEDSPORT SA70 in gunmetal with A/S tires.

Really so hard for me to decide if I want to sell the car and move on with my life or just keep the car, as I’ve been trying to sell this car for months now but now that everything is coming together I just want to keep it 🤒 I’m a sick man.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Btw my car is dyno tuned to 212WHP with the whole CAI/RBC/H/E and hits 9300 RPM. 😪

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love my boosted 06 DC5. My kids will have to sell it when i die one day. til death do us part. lol
I got an offer for 10K CAD on the car but my problem is there’s really nothing I want to buy other than my RSX 👀 I am getting older now though and want a car that I can do business in without people looking at me wrong. Wish I had space for 2 cars but I don’t.!🤧

·
Registered
26 Posts
That sure can make a big difference, since i have two other cars and a bike. Better stick to something reliable too, if something breaks down its no big deal,i just drive another. Even upgrades have down time, but no big deal. Also since youre in canada, something with awd would probably be better for you. Things to ponder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts