Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Shhhhhhh RBC inside. dont tell anyone!

20K views 82 replies 34 participants last post by  jdmmone860 
#1 ·
so i managed to shut my sir hood with a rbc, already had spacers on the rear to let hear out and give that mad jdm look yO! so now shes happy. the cut metal hood just wasnt cuttin it on this car. here she is

See less See more
#7 ·
ok here is the rundown, anyone with a k20 knows there is amazing oil pan clearance in the ef, actually hasport over did it with there mounts, what i did was before the pass and driver mount hits there brackets i put two washers on each bolt, nothing huge same size washers as hasport provides, then i smashed the booster fitting down but switched it today to the pcv port because i dont run one. then i put 1/2 inch spacers on each bolt to mount the hood.

#8 ·
and this is a SiR front not usdm, there is no chance in hell with a usdm hood, should work with fiber image or vis jdm style

#21 ·
You can allways put some washers under the rear mount bracket and space up the rear. That will give you a bit more clearance in the front.

#22 ·
i didnt touch the rear mount thats why i didnt list what i did lol

#26 ·
Good work man. I have an RBC sitting at my shop I want to try. That is if my body man ever gets my car done. :( I removed the brake booster port, and JB Welded it shut, along with the other port beside it. I run a catch can on my PCV valve so the port off the mani for it will be utilized for booster duty now. Do you think the washers are necessary with the booster port removed?

Also I would like to ask K20EF8's question again. Do you have a Hondata gasket? The thickness of it probably doesn't help things I am guessing. I wanna run one too, but I want to reuse my Hondata gasket.

#27 ·
to be totally honest the washers to lower the motor are not 100% needed. but when u drive on the car it may slightly rub. so i will not be responsible for dented SiR hoods! and yes hondata IM gasket whick has to not be helping. I am not a fan of washers, my next plan is to make flat pieces of metal to space the motor down that way it sits flat on the brackets.

#28 ·
That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't want to have all that stress on just the washers. I would rather it be a flat shim to spread the load out like the way hasport intended. Maybe we can talk them into producing them possibly. I have some left over 1/8" aluminum from an airplane I built awhile back I might make some shims out of it.

So do you still use the Hondata gasket or did you switch back to stock?

Also bro I love your bay always have. I like the black VC. I think it would look even better with the JHPUSA exclusive black mounts or just powder coat or anodize them. Also people have been flipping the clutch cable upside down and it tucks the cable low, and gets most of the slack out of there. It makes it look a little cleaner. Your bay looks awesome, but those few things would make it perfect imo.

Edit: Also what durometer mounts do you have? You might want to go stiffer, it will help prevent from hitting the hood. I just sent mine back. I am getting the 88A durometer installed. Mine came with 62a so it should be way stiffer now. Hasport will switch those out for you at no charge. Call them and ask for Chris, tell them you talked to me. It should take care of any movement that would hurt a hood. Or if you are crazy you could go with the new 94A durometer, Chris told me not to though. He said it would vibrate like mad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.