Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Houston area
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eWac0tBBum0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
240 Posts
I don't see why they keep it such a secret when a person can see the same thing (most likely more) the Honda Collection Hall. It's in Japan next to the Twin Ring Motegi race track and is open to the public.

http://www.honda-museum.com/

Nice video though. I had to watch it being a honda enthusiast that I am.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,684 Posts
Hi jrbreaker85, this is absolutely great stuff, like a jorney back to the good old, and here it is definitly most valid, days of the 70's to the 90's Honda's car history!

Especially the sporty hatch backs like that '85 (AF) or even '87 (ED9) CRX, I love those. I had myself uncounted Opel Corsa, from the '85 A up to the '95 D, with my most favourite and wanted '92 Corsa A GSI (1580 lbs, 100 whp/105 wlbft)
If I ever get rid of the mid rear engine chassis, this tiny princess, I would seek for a EK9 or Corsa A chassis and build a real bad NA engine for it :D.

Aaahhh I miss those cars in the streets, cars with character, light and swift...ideal for a K-swap, having a DD with race car character. Easily. That's efficiency! Thanks for sharing that video and the little jurney through time!

Markus

·
Registered
241 Posts
Wow, is it just me, or @ 1:21 the 2 "Civic"s are marked "CVCC"?? (One on the Dash, the other on the Grill) Were they not always called CIVIC though??
Mounty

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow, is it just me, or @ 1:21 the 2 "Civic"s are marked "CVCC"?? (One on the Dash, the other on the Grill) Were they not always called CIVIC though??
Mounty
The cvcc characteristic like slev (super low emission vehicle) or lev (low emission vehicle) in the newer hondas. CVCC was a trademark by Honda for an engine with reduced automotive emissions, which stood for "Compound Vortex Controlled Combustion". It wasn't used on just civics though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The cvcc characteristic like slev (super low emission vehicle) or lev (low emission vehicle) in the newer hondas. CVCC was a trademark by Honda for an engine with reduced automotive emissions, which stood for "Compound Vortex Controlled Combustion". It wasn't used on just civics though.
K, Thanks!!! I was just a wee lad when the Hondas hit our streets... Remember seeing the first Civic with Beefier tires in the front (FWD) and wondering wtf?? Never seen FWD before that, having grown up in 'pick-up-truck' county...
Mounty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts