Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 168 Posts

· /) ^3^(\ <- SO AWESOME!!
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Heh. it's going really slow... Has to do with me being a bit lazy and also having no money. Since I lost my job, I've been broke but have most of the parts. Problem is I wanted to powdercoat certain parts like the knuckles and so on. :(

I'll splurge a bit one of these days to show you all my new suspension. :) I dunno if I'm going to go with the weird FLCA mod that I was contemplating though. Don't have enough $$$ for more control arms. :(

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The glow was from a LED flashlight. :) My (Cell phone) camera doesn't have a flash. And I don't have a good camera.

Anyway, not much new. Rear wheels (winter tires for my RSX) are on the ground but no calipers yet. Been busy. :( I want this done too.

· Registered
383 Posts
Heh. it's going really slow... Has to do with me being a bit lazy and also having no money. Since I lost my job, I've been broke but have most of the parts. Problem is I wanted to powdercoat certain parts like the knuckles and so on. :(

I'll splurge a bit one of these days to show you all my new suspension. :) I dunno if I'm going to go with the weird FLCA mod that I was contemplating though. Don't have enough $$$ for more control arms. :(

Too bad to hear that bro...

I hope you can get a good job again...

Best wishes...

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks! That's my new years resolution. :)

So, right now, still no real changes. Got the EK steering rack in (just needed two little spacers), 15/16" brake master cylinder, and 5 lug conversion using CRV knuckles, RSX-S hubs, RSX-S front brakes, ITR rears and TSX rotors (required spacing the RSX brakes out 1mm because of additional thickness).

Still have to drop the engine in and do the clutch MC stuff. I'll post pics closer to completion but right now trying to figure out wiring. Want to clean up what's no longer necessary. :)

· Registered
383 Posts
Thanks! That's my new years resolution. :)

So, right now, still no real changes. Got the EK steering rack in (just needed two little spacers), 15/16" brake master cylinder, and 5 lug conversion using CRV knuckles, RSX-S hubs, RSX-S front brakes, ITR rears and TSX rotors (required spacing the RSX brakes out 1mm because of additional thickness).

Still have to drop the engine in and do the clutch MC stuff. I'll post pics closer to completion but right now trying to figure out wiring. Want to clean up what's no longer necessary. :)

Please show me the progres on your 5 lug conversion.

Thanks Again!

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks guys. My build is going slow because I'm lazy. :) And broke. But mostly lazy.

I'll show you guys a random assortment of pics...

Test of HR shifter.

97-01 CRV knuckle with RSX bearing and RSX-S hub (painted with appliance paint).

Hubs going in here... Along with Skunk2 camber kit.

Test fit of ITR brake booster and MC (later went with EG brake booster and 15/16" MC just so I could use OEM lines)

OEM to Integra Type Rx pedals (pedal covers the same as S2000 and 06+ Si except maybe gas pedal)

Looping power steering lines (this is an ITR steering rack with quicker turn ratio)

These pics are a bit old. I'll grab some new one when my phone gets a bit of a charge.

Still need to do brake lines, brakes (putting piston and seals back in), wiring (adding S2K AP2 cluster), reinstalling the HR shifter, and drop in engine.

New pics coming when phone charged.

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Okay, snapped some pics in my freezing cold garage...

K-Tuned traction bar

EG brake booster downgraded from ITR. Didn't want to make new brake lines although I have the tubing, flare nuts and flare tool. Also, shown is how I looped my power steering rack. Just need reservoir now.

HR/Innovative side mount.

K20Z3 with HR side mount and DC header.

Unopened K24A1 ready to be bored out. Also, K20A2 with cracked cylinder from my RSX-S.

Tranny with HR mount.

Tranny code from K20Z3.

5 lug fronts. CRV knuckle with CRV/RSX bearing, RSX-S hub, TSX slotted rotor (ATE PremiumOne), RSX-S caliper brackets pushed out using 1mm washers because TSX rotor is thicker towards outside (washers not shown).

Bench bleeding EF 15/16" brake master cylinder. Also shown is Omni S2000 clutch master cylinder with no reservoir (doesn't come with one).

Interior: DC5 Integra Type R wheel, EK steering column (with spacer circled in red), DC2 Integra Type Rx pedals (pedal covers for gas/clutch available from Honda if you ask for 06 Civic Si pedal covers) and S2000 AP1 seat.

Stuff on top of trunk... DC2 ITR rear brakes, 06 Si (or was it TSX?) shift knob, HR shifter, HR shifter cables

Supertech 12.5:1 CR pistons and unknown K24 rod for future K24A1 build. I'll get to it when I'm willing to crack open the K20Z3. :)

Messy garage... From left to right, K24A1, K20A2 block and K20Z3.

New radiator support with HR/Griffin K-swap full radiator.

06 Civic EX 16" fat five wheels for the stock/sleeper look.

OBX twin loop exhaust.

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Damn, all of that just went together? Or did you have to clearance things?
Just have to know what works together. :D Just had to research. I noticed the CRV and RSX used the same sized bearings for example. And also noticed the 2nd gen CRV used the same hub as the RSX-S. I had a thread where I compared the 1st gen CRV hub with an RSX-S hub too somewhere if you want to look for it (1st gen CRV hub was identical except diameter and reason why an RSX rotor would not fit it). :D

Also, looking at BrakeExpert's research, I saw that almost every 5 lug brake upgrade had exactly the same amount machined off the bracket, which lead me to believe most 5 lug calipers are interchangeable on 5 lug setups.

The only mod I had to do was space out my RSX-S bracket (1mm) to use a TSX rotor. Had I used an RSX-S rotor with my RSX-S front brakes, I'd have had no issues. This is because the TSX rotor is thicker by 2 or 3mm towards the outside.

2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well, I thought I'd bump this thread and add some notes for myself on what's left to do.

Necessary:
Modify RSX-S axles (swap inners)
Repair cut up ignition switch wiring.
Buy cheap eBay 2.5" piping for Civic HB and have friend or exhaust shop shorten it for Del Sol.
Finish modified Del Sol to S2000 (AP2) cluster harness. This is a need to do as I'm under the impression that the S2000 cluster can convert VSS signal from high to low.
Put S2000 clutch reservoir on Omni S2000 Quicklutch.
Replace brake rubber brake lines with braided lines.
Put piston and seals back onto front brakes and install caliper.
Install radiator support and traction bar.
Double check that all bolts are properly torqued on engine.
Drop engine in.
Lengthen charge harness.
Create new main ground wire from battery to frame.
Modify either the SRS harness or EK cable reel/clock spring because connectors are different.
Install fuel lines and FPR.
Connect engine harness, swap harness and dash harness together.
Hope car starts.

Want to do later:
Replace DC Sports header with K-Tuned 4-2-1 header.
Maybe get a grounding kit.
Remove unnecessary D-series wiring from dash harness.
Repair speaker wiring (cut by previous owner)
Reinstall interior (dash, and other covers)

21 - 40 of 168 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.