Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey, so I am just now instaling the S2k oil pump kit onto my k24. So far it's all fine. Although, the supplied plug bolt was too big to thread into the oil hole where the pin/plug was. I'm a bit confused as to why the wrong bolt would be supplied? or are there different threads in different motors and i just got unlucky? What are people using to plug it? any idea on the actual thread needed?

Also, I'm not sure but do i need to run the k20a windage trey that sits under the crank? Once the OEM k24 oil pump setup was removed it leaves a huge gap where it looks like the windage trey would need to sit.

Thanks guys,
- Mike

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Hey, so I am just now instaling the S2k oil pump kit onto my k24. So far it's all fine. Although, the supplied plug bolt was too big to thread into the oil hole where the pin/plug was. I'm a bit confused as to why the wrong bolt would be supplied? or are there different threads in different motors and i just got unlucky? What are people using to plug it? any idea on the actual thread needed?

Also, I'm not sure but do i need to run the k20a windage trey that sits under the crank? Once the OEM k24 oil pump setup was removed it leaves a huge gap where it looks like the windage trey would need to sit.

Thanks guys,
- Mike
Hey Mike,
Well, you didn't get unlucky...it's just that some K24 blocks (you may have a K24A1 it sounds like) are already threaded as they use a small brass restrictor. Whereas the K24A4 blocks use a small insert type that doesn't require threading. This means that you will actually have to find a different bolt than the one we supplied that will work with the threading that's in it now, or you will have to tap the block. We provide a small bolt and the bolts actual diameter is a 10mm so you'll need to drill it with a letter T drill bit and then tapped with a 10x1 tap.
Hope this helps!
-Seth

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
They already flow crazy high, we modify them to fit and install the custom adapter plates to them as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ok thanks for the reply. The motor I have is a k24a3 and the hole had sort of a pin in it with an O ring. But the hole is threaded just past where the pin sat. I am going to try and find a bolt that will thread in and just fill it with some hondabond I reckon.

Wht is the verdict on the windage trey. Is it 100% needed to swap in te k20a and cut it down to fit on the k24? Otherwise there is nothing covering that part of the crank

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure what you mean by shortcuts. That's what I was planning on doing. Get a k20a windge trey, cut it down and fit it. Was just checking if it was 100% necessary or not? I will have to order the part so just confirming things befor I place the order.

·
USDM > *
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Yep, on the very first page of this thread I posted a pic of the k20 windage tray and the necessary modification to make it fit. You really don't want to run your motor without the windage tray. The k20 tray is better because it is one continuous piece...but you could probably get away with the k24 tray.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool cool, thanks for the confirmation mate :up: I will order one tonight. Getting this sump sorted out is the last thing needed befor I can finally drop this motor in :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
So maybe im being dumb, im building a k20z4 and its bottom is the same as this k24 pic, i didnt quit get it yet, #1 gets blocked, ok, but what to do with the holle #2 ? (using the erl oil pump wich i already have). Thanks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
So maybe im being dumb, im building a k20z4 and its bottom is the same as this k24 pic, i didnt quit get it yet, #1 gets blocked, ok, but what to do with the holle #2 ? (using the erl oil pump wich i already have). Thanks.
That's ok, it was answered on page one but it is plugged by the S2k pump already so you won't even have to worry about that hole #2, just install the pump and it's taken care of. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
That's ok, it was answered on page one but it is plugged by the S2k pump already so you won't even have to worry about that hole #2, just install the pump and it's taken care of. :)
Ok ok, no thread and plug, no nothing, just put the oil pump on top of it and its good to go. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
yes sir, you can plug it if you want but it doesn't HAVE to be. Unless anyone else reading this can attest to any problems by not plugging it. I have not seen any though.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
for #1 i just welded up the hole nothing to #2 and im running a type s pump not a s2k

·
Registered
86 Posts
So a small update for some of you using k20z4 engine (fn2) and some pics tomorrow

The oil pump chain from the k20z4 is bolt on with the s2000 oil pump, i believe it is the same as k24

No need to cut the chain guide if you have a k20a2 one, it is bolt on, also use the oem k20z4 chain tensioner

k20a2 tray its bolt on into k20z4

Some small mod is needed to the k20z4 oil pan to fit, workink on it and tomorrow ill have the final result, im almost certain if done carefully you can get it to work without aluminium soldering, altough thats not mau case :blur:

61 - 80 of 90 Posts