bolts up (no way) had to extreme modify gearbox and engine to mate up,
alot of cutting and weldng
would i be the first in the world 2 do this in are street diven car
pics coming soon

·
Registered
77 Posts
nikos said:
A FWD tranny has been mated with a S2000 block... but I guess the thought was for a FWD car...

Noone in their right mind would want to convert a RWD car to FWD... That is as piointless as doing a manual to auto tranny swap on a 92 Civic CX :p
i talked to the guy that did this and he said it was a waste of time because you could get more out a k20 in the long run. the reason it would be cool cause it would be different

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
why would one want to use the F20C over a K20 anyways? it doesn't even have uber cool iVTEC :p

[edit]
Sorry for the confusion, my comment was aimed towards the ones who want to drop an F20C into an FF honda.

I'm all for FR hybrid vehicles with F20C swaps! :up:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
i dont care how much power u can get, its something different my car is rear wheel drive so i dont think is are complete waste of time u can make just as much power for the right money
every1 says its better but seems no 1 2 mention anything but power
i no k20a is are better engine to make power, but hey who has 300hp f20c na rear drive me after bolt ons and soon 2 be 300kw+ atw nice big turbo :wow:
so if u still think k2oa is better, tell some 1 that cares

eviltek775. the guy that u spoke 2 did he actually do it or is he talking from his ass, if he did do it, has he got any pics,was that his only excuse
makes more power, i would except some thing like its wasnt driveable,not responsive and yeah shit like that
i have no problem wat every 1 thinks its there opion not my
see ya

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
rsca_crx said:
that photos been floating around for quite a while. it is a photoshop job. the company (i forget the name off-hand)was working on a new bellhousing casting to make everything work and swap into an elise. i'm not sure if it ever got finished or not, as i think the project slowed when the k20 started working so well across the pond, and the car got released in the states with the toyota lump.

Which company did the the photochoppage? The floor (and the naf cardboard behind it) look really familar - sure I have seen them before.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
ralyrt said:
i dont care how much power u can get, its something different my car is rear wheel drive so i dont think is are complete waste of time u can make just as much power for the right money
every1 says its better but seems no 1 2 mention anything but power
i no k20a is are better engine to make power, but hey who has 300hp f20c na rear drive me after bolt ons and soon 2 be 300kw+ atw nice big turbo :wow:
so if u still think k2oa is better, tell some 1 that cares

eviltek775. the guy that u spoke 2 did he actually do it or is he talking from his ass, if he did do it, has he got any pics,was that his only excuse
makes more power, i would except some thing like its wasnt driveable,not responsive and yeah shit like that
i have no problem wat every 1 thinks its there opion not my
see ya
I don't think anyone was saying that you shouldn't do it. They were probly just thinking about it themselves and decided it would be cheaper and probly less work just to stick with the K series motors in the front wheel drive cars.

I give you props for doing something unique like that. But it is not a project for everone... :up:

·
Registered
92 Posts
WOW. all you guys have good points................but the only to find out is to DO IT :mad: and after let them go at it!! on the track. what about the guys in miami that dropped an NSX motor on a CRX and ran 9's all day(rwd) remember we need guys like that. to actually try new chit. IMAGINE .....no k series in eg's, ef's and ek's............. we would still be stuck with the B series !!! just dont even DARE, about putting a chevy block on a civic

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
I heard there were some guys out here in cali building a 91 civic hatchback with a turbo'd nos'd S2K motor in it, but it is going to be RWD and they want to run 7's or 9's or somethiong like that...

·
Registered
36 Posts
oops my bad... found this tread using google....
still looking for an engine option for myself. cant get a hold on k series in holland but i can buy f20c. but thats kind of hard on a rear engined car so it seems...

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.