Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
s2k's have their own motor an f20c for the pre- 04's. SO somekind of FWD transmission to bolt up to that motor will not happen. Plus why spend all that money for that motor when you could buy a k-series for less and gain just as much power and save yourself the headaches.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
A FWD tranny has been mated with a S2000 block... but I guess the thought was for a FWD car...

Noone in their right mind would want to convert a RWD car to FWD... That is as piointless as doing a manual to auto tranny swap on a 92 Civic CX :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
money is no probs because ill be doing the conversion my self not that i will need much cause all i have 2 find is are gear box 2 adapt and if i do all i need is is custom CV's' engine mount and cross member and thats it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
has any 1 got actual pics of an s2k engine in any fwd also has any 1 seen the white dc5 itr with the s2k engine in it from japan

·
Registered
50 Posts
nikos said:
A FWD tranny has been mated with a S2000 block... but I guess the thought was for a FWD car...

Noone in their right mind would want to convert a RWD car to FWD... That is as piointless as doing a manual to auto tranny swap on a 92 Civic CX :p
This looks very intriguing..I wonder how much this cost to do something like this.... :)

I would like to do this if I had the cash to try it... might be fun!!

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
nikos said:

I don't get it. In my opinion the K series motors have much more potential then the S2's f20. the F20 was built so good out of the factory that you can not increase the power to much unless you are planning on going FI? So why go through all the trouble of mating a K series Trans to a F20 when you could just use the K series motor and probly make more power?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would just like to try it, just imagine it. I know for a fact S2000 motors go for cheaper than a K-series here in Southbay by at least $1000. I just would like to know how much fabrication would be required for the FWD tranny and the mounts, not to mention the custom wiring and shift linkages. As for me, if I had money to blow, I would like to try it...

But I don't have the money, gotta make house payments... :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Awesome... please keep up updated on this K-series/F-series combination.... :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.