Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was searching in the forums, i think brian g mentioned that the pistons will fit in a k24 but the high dome might cause too high of a compression or even smash into the head. Couldnt you just use a thicker head gasket? does anyone know what the compression might be?

·
Registered
599 Posts
22crazy said:
i was searching in the forums, i think brian g mentioned that the pistons will fit in a k24 but the high dome might cause too high of a compression or even smash into the head. Couldnt you just use a thicker head gasket? does anyone know what the compression might be?
I don't recall saying that it might smash into the head, but anyhow - The problem with the S2000 piston is that it's dome volumn is designed for a much shorter stroke piston. But that in turn is dependent on other variables such as pin height if you're using a Honda rod or rod length if you're using a custom rod. What are you trying to do?

brian g

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for putting words in ur mouth about the piston smashing into the head thing; i was just going off memory and i just checked through the forums and your right, you didnt mention anything about that...any how, im planning to build a k24/k20 frank and i wanted to bump up the compression from 9.5:1 to at least something above 11:1. i might just end up buying aftermarket pistons and rods, but what i planned to do initially is to put the s2000 pistons on the stock k24 rods. Is there a problem with this setup?

·
Registered
599 Posts
22crazy said:
....i wanted to bump up the compression from 9.5:1 to at least something above 11:1. i might just end up buying aftermarket pistons and rods, but what i planned to do initially is to put the s2000 pistons on the stock k24 rods. Is there a problem with this setup?
Yeah the wristpin on the S2000 piston is much larger than the K24 wristpin. That means that you would have to press out the bushing on the K24 rod and have a custom one made and installed. Unfortunately you can't just open up the stock bushing. Since the K24 rods are weak, just bite the bullet and buy new ones. The S2000 pistons aren't cheap, I would just get aftermarket ones of those too.

brian g

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.