Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
S2000 K-Swap kit !!!!Price Drop!!!!

SOLD

I completed this swap in March of 2010 and have run it for about 10,000 miles with no defects related to the motor swap including a cross country trip to Homecoming 2 in California. It was featured in the October 2010 issue of Honda Tuning and gets a lot of attention this thing has been great to me its just time to move onto another project.

As most of you have seen in my threads and online the K series motor really is the future of Honda tuning with VTC and the high flow intake and exhaust the motor is a beast from the factory and has much more ability and tunabilty out of the box compared to any other Honda motor. Anyone who has driven/ridden in my car can vouch for the amazing increase in low end TQ even with the bone stock K24A2 motor.

I will be selling this as a complete swap kit, all you will need to do is plumb cooling, fuel system, purchase a TB, Kpro and connect your exhaust to the header since its not 100% OEM. Aside from a new motor of course :)

For a complete kit including the Items listed below I am asking $2500 OBO there is no other kit like this available.

S2000 Transmission adapter plate (I will clean this up a bit and include hardware)

Clutchmasters custom swap Flywheel (allows the use of OEM s2000 clutch and pressure plate)

Modified S2000 Innovative motor/transmission mounts (meant to be used with 2006-2008 k24A2)
also includes tranny mount which hasn't been modified
Drivers

Passenger

Custom Wire harness adapter:

-Allows you to plug a K series engine harness and pro into the OEM s2000 chassis harness
-Throws one code forP0563 otherwise integrates with all OEM systems except coolant temp (which can be connected with a modifry adapter)

K series engine harness with OEM s2000 tranny sensors and somewhat tucked

Magnus K Series Manifold custom made for this car/application

Ktuned alternator relocation kit (required to run Magnus manifold)

Dont have a pic but its the standard kit off their site

Ktuned, upper coolant housings with 12AN flange for use with K24a2 or K24A1

Dont have a pic but its the standard part off their site I will include both styles of adapters

Modified s2000 header with 2.5" V-band welded in place of stock flange

I also have a Kpro unit that was purchased with a new ECU from hondata 1.5 years ago I can sell for $1050 OBO

Features and more information on the swap
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/htup_1010_2003_honda_s2000/viewall.html
http://hondatuning.automotive.com/145612/htup-1010-k24-into-s2000-chassis-swap/index.html
http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/793303-my-k24-s2000-dyno-results-and-more-info-page-9/

please PM or post up with any questions about this swap, im bummed to see it go but someone will have a great time with this I am sure of it.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I remember this, glws very cool:up:
as do i! read that article over and over. good luck dude! someone jump on this awesome deal :up:

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
could you tell much of a difference between running the k24 vs f-series? curious because im planning on picking up a s2k friday and like the idea of this just curious if you seen a big enough difference to justify pulling the stock motor. :up:

not hating just interested in this.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
could you tell much of a difference between running the k24 vs f-series? curious because im planning on picking up a s2k friday and like the idea of this just curious if you seen a big enough difference to justify pulling the stock motor. :up:

biggest gain is midrange if im not mistaken.

sick swap setup :up:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments... makes me think this is a bad idea the car is a lot of fun but its time for something different

Yes there is a difference, with this 2006K24A2 all i did was change the oil pump and VTC gear i gained a ton (40peak TQ over stock) of low/mid range Tq vs my stock F20, that is with the header I am including.

If you were to get a well designed header there would be no competition between the two motors K would destroy the F NA.

The real benefit here is the aftermarket for the K, purchase some cams and do a simple build not spending more than a grand or two and have a 300whp motor that is almost as reliable as stock.

·
Registered
370 Posts
A friend of mine is doing this swap now. He currently has the trans already joined to the motor.He didn't even use a adaptor plate. He's making the harness now.

·
K24 USDM EG
26,856 Posts
Thanks for the comments... makes me think this is a bad idea the car is a lot of fun but its time for something different

Yes there is a difference, with this 2006K24A2 all i did was change the oil pump and VTC gear i gained a ton (40peak TQ over stock) of low/mid range Tq vs my stock F20, that is with the header I am including.

If you were to get a well designed header there would be no competition between the two motors K would destroy the F NA.

The real benefit here is the aftermarket for the K, purchase some cams and do a simple build not spending more than a grand or two and have a 300whp motor that is almost as reliable as stock.
thats what i had figured with the market for the motor. you can pick up parts easier and cheaper. im just so fimilar with the k motors that this is really tempting to me. i could sell the f20 long block and put some money with it and buy this.

where excally are you located?

wonder if you changed the rearend gear how that would do with the k?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where excally are you located?

wonder if you changed the rearend gear how that would do with the k?
I am in Denver, CO I'm happy to ship the whole setup for the right price

I wanted to do the rear-end but never got around to it, i could only imagine it making it more rev happy and fun lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
would you be willing to sell the entire car as is? if so, how much would you ask for it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.