Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
sounds to me the speedo healer is set wrong!

I wish i could remember the setting we used on my friends ek when we did this...

so your using a 02-04 trans?
yea its an 04 type s,

the speedohealer is set to +3650%, but what i am saying is the avic d3 wont even read speed. in order to normally read speed and get my speedohealer calibrated i would need for the avic to read speed so i can read the s2k speed. woulndt the s2k read speed yet it justbe way off? i doesnt change from 0 at all nor does odometer and trip mileage change at all.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Upon install and removal of the stock rsx cluster there was a large black box with the name tadirian systems on it. I did some research and it is some sort of OLDer lojack. It was spliced INTO the speed sensor so we cut the wire out.
Maybe this wasn't what you thought it was? who installed the navi unit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Maybe this wasn't what you thought it was? who installed the navi unit?
well we tried re installing it, and nothing changed.

a friend installed the avic d3. its like his 5th or 6th one and he goes to school for that stuff, he did the cluster as well as a lot of things on my car that all turned out great

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
is either one of this 3 problems
1) the speedohealers is bad. does it turn an at all?
2) you wired it incorectly
3) broken wire from vss signal

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
is either one of this 3 problems
1) the speedohealers is bad. does it turn an at all?
2) you wired it incorectly
3) broken wire from vss signal
hopefully thats the only problems.

#1 speedohealer turns on and fully works even set a calibration like shown in the instructions

#2 it could be grounded to the wrong spot we tried a few things so far, all the other parts of the cluster work and we followed the DIY over and over again

#3 is it possible for vss to be broken if the kpro reads from the ecu?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
hopefully thats the only problems.

#1 speedohealer turns on and fully works even set a calibration like shown in the instructions

#2 it could be grounded to the wrong spot we tried a few things so far, all the other parts of the cluster work and we followed the DIY over and over again

#3 is it possible for vss to be broken if the kpro reads from the ecu?
yeah maybe the wire is broken in the dash harness if that is the case.

it could also be that the signal cables are wired backwards on the speedohealer. i forgot the wiring colors & don't have the instructions with me right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
yeah maybe the wire is broken in the dash harness if that is the case.

it could also be that the signal cables are wired backwards on the speedohealer. i forgot the wiring colors & don't have the instructions with me right now.
we checked the power and are getting all the right voltage except from the speedo, but i emailed them and they said theres no way it could be faulty they test everything when it leaves the factory is there any way i couldve been blown like it was grounded to 12v when its supposed to be 5v if it touched on accident?

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
did u run the speedohealer test mode? did the numbers on ur cluster go up?

i having this same prob wit my k20a2 in my db8. my cluster numbers go up in test mode, 4.5v coming from the wht/grn wire for Speed sensor at ECU... I had my cluster workin fine wit my B18C but its not now... I need to get a buddy to look in kpro and see if there is a Speed sensor reading going on in there...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
did u run the speedohealer test mode? did the numbers on ur cluster go up?

i having this same prob wit my k20a2 in my db8. my cluster numbers go up in test mode, 4.5v coming from the wht/grn wire for Speed sensor at ECU... I had my cluster workin fine wit my B18C but its not now... I need to get a buddy to look in kpro and see if there is a Speed sensor reading going on in there...
how do you do a test mode? cause i can calibrate it but no numbers change....oddly enough when i was going about 80 today the speed should 2mph ( i can tell it was 80 by the RPMS and gear I was in ) yet i dont think the speedohealer is in right now

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
thats normal for it to show 2mph... even wthout the speedohealer...

hold both buttons with key off, keep buttons pressed, turn key to ignition... it shud displat a t and the number will start scrolling automatically.... and u can also press the left button to make it move manually.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thats normal for it to show 2mph... even wthout the speedohealer...

hold both buttons with key off, keep buttons pressed, turn key to ignition... it shud displat a t and the number will start scrolling automatically.... and u can also press the left button to make it move manually.
i dont know how but i pressed both buttons turned the key and the L came on. i calibrated to +3650% and now it reads perfectly fine..

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
that L u saw is a t....... lower case just like this one: t

think it only shows: t,p,n and numbers

nice... im going to use your calibration... i had mine to P 9999 lol just to see if i could get a reading..

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
OK mine works now too. thanks.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
i dont know how but i pressed both buttons turned the key and the L came on. i calibrated to +3650% and now it reads perfectly fine..
god you guys didn't follow the speedohealer instructions 100% :p

good to hear that it's working. i saw you thread today in Orlando Forums :rolleyes:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts