Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello well recently a friend helped install my s2000 cluster.

Upon install and removal of the stock rsx cluster there was a large black box with the name tadirian systems on it. I did some research and it is some sort of OLDer lojack. It was spliced INTO the speed sensor so we cut the wire out.

We then proceeded to install the s2000 cluster.

Now the s2000 cluster wont read speed at all what so ever nor will my avic d3 read anything to do with the speed.

At first my alarm and power locks didnt work but I found that was a fuse.

I can still hook up my laptop to kpro and it will read off the ecu, but is there anything it could be in particular maybe? or could I dummy the wire into the ecu where it reads speed and do it that way?

I havent had a chance to take out the actual cluster, it could very well be a loose wire, there is also a speedohealer used to calibrate the speed, the speedohealer calibrares but the mileage and trip along with SPEED stays 0 at all times.

Cliffs:
Installed s2000 cluster
removed some old lojack spliced into speed sensor
speed doesnt read now

heres the pic, everything else works perfectly fine

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
is k-pro getting a reading?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think there is something messed up with yoru speedo healer.

Also your 02-04 trans has a mechanical vss. So more than likely the s2000 cluster can't read the signal its putting out.
yeah that's why i'm asking him if the ecu is getting a signal from the vss. it may be a broken cable or speedohealer has no power or wrong settings.

·
Registered
919 Posts
^^how is that suppose to help the guy....either help the guy or just be quiet

·
Registered
919 Posts
shut the fk up... :p

Check your fuse and also vss wire. And on k-manager, make sure your settings are correct...
at least this comment is more intelligent...minus the 5th grader language up top

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is k-pro getting a reading?

kpro reads everything speed and all

I think there is something messed up with yoru speedo healer.

Also your 02-04 trans has a mechanical vss. So more than likely the s2000 cluster can't read the signal its putting out.
thats why the speedohealer does the digital conversion no? also the cluster has been done in 5 or 6 rsx's now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shut the fk up... :p

Check your fuse and also vss wire. And on k-manager, make sure your settings are correct...
which fuse would it be? also what settings on k-manager?

at least this comment is more intelligent...minus the 5th grader language up top
its ok i know him, he drives the riciest accord in the east :p

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i am just fking with me b/c he makes fun of my ricer Accord... LOL :D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
BTW, what year rsx is it installed in? If its a 05-06 the countershaft speed sensor needs to be clicked in order for the speedo to work properly in kmanager.. If not, your speedo will not work right...
Nevermind its an 04, so the countersensor should be unchecked... I didn't read 1 of the posts.. LOL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts