Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing your guy's crx with the cluster i had to go out a nd get one myself. That thing looks bad ass!! t he problem is now is that i dont know how to hook this thing up. I mean i got both diagrams ..s2k gaugege cluster diagram and 93 hatcback diagram both form honda ..93 hatch is understandable but s2k ..i got pretty confused why is all the digital stuff in a box with no telling you what wire is which for neither of them
such as TACH SPEEDO GAS and TEMP all those things are in a box with no description of how to hookn them up.please pacman help me out . thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tach and ECT temp.

what pinouts are for those . I figured out pretty much everything else but the tach and temp gauge..dont want to be probing any wires randomly and burn out the pc on the cluster. which wires are for the tach and temp??thanx

·
Registered
107 Posts
TeamPacman said:
correll said:
I dont know about the wiring but I'm almost 100% sure that you cannot maintain functionality with the speedo.
Yes, you can and that's the part that I'm trying to find out soon... :wink:

I remember a while back a few people tried it. They couldnt find out how the VSS sent the voltage to the speedo... and how the speedo translates the voltage into a read.. iono, i've never seen it done but you guys seem to do impossible things.. so I'm sure you'll figure it out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tachometer Blue wire.

found my tachometer wire today. called my friends from local stereo shop to ask them for a tach sense wire. if i were to do remotoe start in s2000 then i would need that wire.... they looked it up in the computer and found tach wire to be blue at two pin connector in the engine bay. any how i looked the "c" plug at the cluster ,where most of the sensor wires are, and found a heavy gauge blue wire ( the only one actually)I then looked in the eg diagram to see where the tach wire for the eg was it it also happend to be blue hooked it up and my tach came to life :lol: ..only thing left is the ect wire. i suspect it to be this one yel/grn wire but dont want to take any chances and gonna wait on my sources instead..full functioning s2k cluster coming soon...and yes it is definately possible to get the speedo to work..ill show you pictures and maybe a vid as soon as i get it a lil cleaned up and find my last ECT wire. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
320 Posts
Re: Tachometer Blue wire.

strtslpr said:
found my tachometer wire today. called my friends from local stereo shop to ask them for a tach sense wire. if i were to do remotoe start in s2000 then i would need that wire.... they looked it up in the computer and found tach wire to be blue at two pin connector in the engine bay. any how i looked the "c" plug at the cluster ,where most of the sensor wires are, and found a heavy gauge blue wire ( the only one actually)I then looked in the eg diagram to see where the tach wire for the eg was it it also happend to be blue hooked it up and my tach came to life :lol: ..only thing left is the ect wire. i suspect it to be this one yel/grn wire but dont want to take any chances and gonna wait on my sources instead..full functioning s2k cluster coming soon...and yes it is definately possible to get the speedo to work..ill show you pictures and maybe a vid as soon as i get it a lil cleaned up and find my last ECT wire. :mrgreen:

Fuckin awesome I give you mad props for figuring that shit out... it's much more impressive than if you just waited for Teampacman to tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
speedo

Still working on the speed sensor my self. tried mulitple things and i think im getting closer. Me or Teampacman will eventually figure this out
and it is possible ,just havent had too much time to tinker with it yet. so far with the setup i got the odometer goes up but not speedo. and half of my stuff really hasnt been hooked up yet so im gonna try to hook everything else up and hopefully it will complete the circuit to the speedo .. :idea:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
speedo shows life

i may have figured it out. i drove today to work and was very late so i was speeding going about maybe 90mph. and all of a sudden my 0mph jumped up and went to 1mph then 2mph. i think im getting closer.maybe the vss geear that im using isnt meshing with my tranny. when i get home i think im gonnna tinker with it somemore and keep you guys updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i also found the Ect wire Yel/Grn like i suspected.the only problem is it goes full hot ..i noticed the same on teampacmans gauge cluster piks to. the resistance isnt the same as an s2k's resistance no figuring that out is the problem. i tried using a resistance wheel and i figured it out. but still trying to get it perfected. still a little "jumpy"

·
Registered
599 Posts
My feeling is, the ECT won't work without some sort of adapter to send the correct signal. It's driven by the ECU unlike earlier Hondas. Try hooking up the multiplex signal from the K-ECU and see what happens. Ah, nevermind, it may short the ECU.

As for the Speedometer, there is a driver in the cluster that is responsible for taking the VSS signal and converting it to drive the cluster. The driver needs to be powered properly to work.

Go ahead and figure this stuff out so I don't have to, I'm putting an S2000 cluster in my car too.

brian g

·
Registered
599 Posts
OK, here's the deal on the VSS; the S2000 pickup doesn't see the same number of pulses as an RSX VSS does. The S2000 VSS may pulse over 100 times as often as the RSX VSS. That would explain why it took a speed or 90 to get the speedo to register 1 or 2 mph.

brian g

·
Registered
5 Posts
brian g said:
OK, here's the deal on the VSS; the S2000 pickup doesn't see the same number of pulses as an RSX VSS does. The S2000 VSS may pulse over 100 times as often as the RSX VSS. That would explain why it took a speed or 90 to get the speedo to register 1 or 2 mph.

brian g
Hmmmmm good point any way to fix this can you put a resister inline to slow it down :confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
You dont need to slow the pulses,you need to increase the number of pulses that the rsx vss sends to allow the s2k speedo to read the correct speed. I dont know if doing this would affect the ecu at all though.

1 - 20 of 470 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.