Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm running the RSX shifter on top of the tunnel(till Karcepts gets his product out) and I remember a thread on where to drill through the firewall, but can't find it. Where in relation to the SRS module do you drill to run the cables through.

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a slightly different note now, what the easiest way of removing the dash? I removed the dash on the RSX and that was HELL! Is it easier on a CX EG?

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, so I'm not doing exactly like Katman's description. Between being unable to get the bolts out that are holding the SRS unit down(they strip like a mofo) and going through the PITA of removing the dash I'm pretty much just drilling/dremeling away the SRS mount just enough to get to that sweet spot. I'll then drill a guide hole and use that to set the hole through the firewall which I'll do from the engine bay. What kind of bits are you guys using to drill? I just wore the hell out of a Craftsmen carbon bit just trying to go through the SRS mount.

·
Premium Member
7,171 Posts
Very nice write up. Looks like I am going to be needing to do this...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.