Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to run my brake line tuck but i need to know if the ek hatch brake valve is 40 40 or do i have to get a diffrent 1 let me know asap need to get this done this week.... thanks ~Tim::up::up:

·
k20a.orgy
2,957 Posts
I'm about to run my brake line tuck but i need to know if the ek hatch brake valve is 40 40 or do i have to get a diffrent 1 let me know asap need to get this done this week.... thanks ~Tim::up::up:
the prop valve? i think i have a picture of my old and new prop valve if you'd think that would help. (i upgrade to a 99-00 si prop valve which is the one you want for rear disc, and BB and MC.)

·
k20a.orgy
2,957 Posts
bump still need help!!!!! can some 1 jump on this...:(:(:(
if you are using rear brakes on your ek, i would suggest getting a 99-00 prop valve. its looks just like the stock one, but the internals are different.

the black one is the stock one. the silver one is the 99-00 si one.
looks the same doesn't it?

i also recommend upgrading your master cylinder, and maybe brake booster too. stock is 13/16 while the si is 7/8 (=14/16).

mine also came from an 99-00 si.

there are other options, but you will have to search for them. there's a sticky by brakexpert in the suspension section that will help.

don't laugh. i need to repaint my car, the guy who painted my car when i told him to paint the engine bay black, he just flat blacked everything. oh wellz, only temporary.

sorry for big pics.

-Mixwell

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you only need a 40/40 if your running rear discs? are you?

YA IM RUNNNING REAR DISC IT'S ON A DC2 BUT IDK IF THE EK PROP VALVE IS 40 40 OR NOT IF IT'S NOT I'LL GET A DIF. 1 THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright so the 1 off a 99-si will work with my brake booster and master right? Thanks for all the help :up::up::up:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cause it's so hard to find a dc without abs and no power steering so i figure just use the 1 off the SI and im sure i can find that or just got to honda and get 1 but there gonna bang me over the head but i need to get it done this weekend... thanks for the help man....:up:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I used a EG prop. 30/40 i think.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts