Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just bought a braided clutch line for an RSX on eBay for my ES1 K swap project and it fits the RSX slave cylinder, but it is too small to fit the stock Civic master cylinder.

I was under the impression that the RSX and Civic clutch master cylinders had the same size connection since some people use the Civic master cylinder in the RSX, so I am thinking that the clutch line I bought is just not made properly.

Does anyone happen to know if the RSX and Civic master cylinders are supposed to have the same size connection? Maybe I just need to replace the threaded part of the master cylinder with one for an RSX. Thank you very much in advance!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Normally the braided slave cylinder line comes with adapter fittings. Also there is a seal ring PN# 46943-S5A-003 that goes under the fitting on the clutch master cylinder fitting. Then at the slave cylinder there is another seal ring fitting PN# 46949-S5A-003 that goes under the connection fitting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Normally the braided slave cylinder line comes with adapter fittings. Also there is a seal ring PN# 46943-S5A-003 that goes under the fitting on the clutch master cylinder fitting. Then at the slave cylinder there is another seal ring fitting PN# 46949-S5A-003 that goes under the connection fitting.
Thank you for the information. The clutch line I received came with no adapters. It appears that the clutch master cylinder connector is the same for the Civic, Civic SI, and RSX, so the problem seems to be the clutch line I bought. I can return it for a refund, but I would have to pay return shipping so I'm thinking I will keep it and try to figure out a solution. From what I can find, the master cylinder has a thread size of M12 X 1.0 and the line I have now is M10 X 1.0 since both ends fit the slave cylinder, so if I could find an M12 X 1.0 to M10 X 1.0 adapter with the proper flare fittings that should work if those sizes are correct.

I would have to double check the type of flare when I get home, but I think an adapter like this is what I need. Brake Line Thread Adapter Inverted M12 x1 Male M10 x 1 Female | eBay

·
Registered
516 Posts
The Civic/RSX setup actually uses a similar adapter. I know the clutch line and brake lines use different flares. Brake lines are bubble and the clutch line is inverted I believe.

Joint Hand Arm Human body Organism

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I bought the K-Tuned braided line. it came with three adapters which is interesting. I need to look at the package here shortly to see why there are three.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts