Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted in clubrsx.xom

Finally got the new clutch to make it to the dyno as the ACT was not holding the power.

I had made 505 WHP but decided to go with a larger GT35R turbo. When we were testing and tuning, the clutch started to slip. I then started to search for a good high HP clutch and it was difficult until I talked to Tilton. I got a complete kit with lightened flywheel, twin disc and GG pressure plate. Since I had to wait some time to get it, I got some larger valves, stiffer valve springs and titanium retainers.

Everything went into place last week, but the car is now undrivebable as there is too much power. It spins the tires in all gears.

Today, we decided to go to the Dyno and I expected about 80 more WHP than last time, but it was way more than that. The car made 645.1 WHP.

This is 140 more WHP with the larger turbo and the larger valves.

·
Registered
21,783 Posts
that is fawkin unreal. from what i remember, stupid street did an article on the top fuel 0-400 special rsx style ITR and they made like 540's too i think. thats sick as hell man, good luck with it and i hope later you'll divulge your parts list and work

·
Registered
1 Posts
couple questions,

one why does the tourqe and hp cross at the point that they do? shouldnt they cross at 5252rpm?

also why does the engine fall off so soon in the rpm range?
is it a 2.4 bottom end? maybe thats why?
Miller

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok i've done all the reading about thsi guys car i can. personally it seems super badass at first. then look at actual HP numbers there a lot less he's compensated for his height above sea level which isn't always constant. he's dropped the compression supid low and then just threw a big turbo on cranked the boost and gave it good fuel.
i mean you could do this with any motor the bottom end response would blow with that low of compression. personally i'd liek to go for a broader power curve not the typical honda insane jump.
just my observations

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.