Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sadly I recently totalled my Type S, so I'm now looking to do a EG/EK swap with the K20A2(still good). I also want to make the EG/EK to have rear disc brakes. Would it be possible to put my RSX hubs and brakes onto the EG/EK chassis? Would that then bring up issues of doing the engine swap(ie. axles)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is definitely possible only way it’s worth it is if you purchased a whole type s parts car 02-06. Which imo is the only cost efficient way to do a k swap. Keep what you need and sell the rest. You will need master cylinder/ booster caliper/brackets and hoses. front and rear e brake cables and very important front and rear hubs . the only issue is the prop valve without getting into the infamous eg prop valve theory and controversy. you can use the 92-95 one or a 02-06 Acura rsx type s Canadian market only prop valve because there production has no abs prop valve or any 01-05 civic with no abs prop valve will work any of the 3 options listed will work great. You will need the rsx type s front and rear hubs I sold the oem type s spindles complete because they are highly sought after and only useful to us for the hubs 36mm I then purchased my own hubs from the sale along with the oem ns2k hubs oem part number#44300-S84-A02 that come factory in the rsx. I pressed them into my front spindles that I removed from a 97-01 Honda CR-V and that is complete for the front the rest is just bolt on and an alignment.For the rears I used Integra rear spindles and the rsx hubs and the calipers and brackets bolt on you will also use the rsx e brake cables you will now be able to use the rsx brake rotors front and rear and everything will now work as designed no spacers or mis matching nuts this is the right way if you are willing to do the work you will reap the reward. hope this helps anybody looking for a straight first person answer not copy and pasted non sense or heated controversy over nothing pertaining to the original question good luck and keep building.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is definitely possible only way it’s worth it is if you purchased a whole type s parts car 02-06. Which imo is the only cost efficient way to do a k swap. Keep what you need and sell the rest. You will need master cylinder/ booster caliper/brackets and hoses. front and rear e brake cables and very important front and rear hubs . the only issue is the prop valve without getting into the infamous eg prop valve theory and controversy. you can use the 92-95 one or a 02-06 Acura rsx type s Canadian market only prop valve because there production has no abs prop valve or any 01-05 civic with no abs prop valve will work any of the 3 options listed will work great. You will need the rsx type s front and rear hubs I sold the oem type s spindles complete because they are highly sought after and only useful to us for the hubs 36mm I then purchased my own hubs from the sale along with the oem ns2k hubs oem part number#44300-S84-A02 that come factory in the rsx. I pressed them into my front spindles that I removed from a 97-01 Honda CR-V and that is complete for the front the rest is just bolt on and an alignment.For the rears I used Integra rear spindles and the rsx hubs and the calipers and brackets bolt on you will also use the rsx e brake cables you will now be able to use the rsx brake rotors front and rear and everything will now work as designed no spacers or mis matching nuts this is the right way if you are willing to do the work you will reap the reward. hope this helps anybody looking for a straight first person answer not copy and pasted non sense or heated controversy over nothing pertaining to the original question good luck and keep building.
Do you have any pictures completed? I was figuring the 1997-2001 CRV spindles would work but never really looked in-depth. Be nice to find specifications down to the Inside and outer measurements of such from hubs, bearings, and all the axles as well as if 36mm. 32mm/ and spline counts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts