Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will rsx (dc5) coilovers work on a 01 civic ex (em2) with 5 lug conversion?

i did a 5 lug conversion when i did the swap back when, and kept my stock suspension. now looking for suspension and wondering if i shld just go with aftermarket rsx coilovers.
a buddy of mine is selling tein set for cheap and dnt wanna pass them up as long as they fit.
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
will rsx (dc5) coilovers work on a 01 civic ex (em2) with 5 lug conversion?

i did a 5 lug conversion when i did the swap back when, and kept my stock suspension. now looking for suspension and wondering if i shld just go with aftermarket rsx coilovers.
a buddy of mine is selling tein set for cheap and dnt wanna pass them up as long as they fit.
thanks
that depends on which shocks u are using

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
k thank you, and sctatch that, i found cheaper skunk2 pro S full coilovers for an rsx ill be using.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I think you'll need to drill out the crash bolts to match the RSX's 16mm ones. The 01-02 civics have 14mm crash bolts.

Also for the fronts, you'll need the tie rod ends of an RSX. For the rear you'll need to shave down the bushings i believe...

Im pretty sure about this, check on 7thgenhonda, there should be more info!

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
I think you'll need to drill out the crash bolts to match the RSX's 16mm ones. The 01-02 civics have 14mm crash bolts.

Also for the fronts, you'll need the tie rod ends of an RSX. For the rear you'll need to shave down the bushings i believe...

Im pretty sure about this, check on 7thgenhonda, there should be more info!

X2 :up::up:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i really only need the tie-rod ends then bc ive done the 5lug conversion off an rsx.

·
Banned
58 Posts
well i really only need the tie-rod ends then bc ive done the 5lug conversion off an rsx.
you will also need to drill out 16mm crash bolts for the front, because you have 14mm ones right now.

For the rear you'll need to shave down the bushings for the lower shock about 3mm i believe....

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
For the rear you'll need to shave down the bushings for the lower shock about 3mm i believe....

this is true im going thru this right now lol.. :up:

·
Banned
58 Posts
^hmm, how hard is it to do that? is it a do at home thing or would you have to go to a machine shop?

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,916 Posts
^hmm, how hard is it to do that? Is it a do at home thing or would you have to go to a machine shop?

if you have the right tools you can do it at your house.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts