Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has ever tried this, i want to put an rsx cluster into my k20 powered 95 civic hatch, are there any write ups?, pictures?

i really want to do this, thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes it can be done. There was an article in Ht a few months back that had an EG with RSX dash and cluster swap. Looked real sweet. Ohhh wait a minute.....here it is:

Damn :wow: the more I look at this picture the more I want to do this!!

·
No More Honda, Its EVO 8
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c_buz said:
Yes it can be done. There was an article in Ht a few months back that had an EG with RSX dash and cluster swap. Looked real sweet. Ohhh wait a minute.....here it is:

Damn :wow: the more I look at this picture the more I want to do this!!
Do you know if he made cluster work or if he has rsx complete hatness, can you send me a link, thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
have no idea how he made it work. HT article only saiys that he picked it up at a junkyard.

·
Registered
644 Posts
riptrsxs said:
i would imagine you would need to use the rsx dash cluster to get this to work.
Can you elaborate? What exactly do you mean? The RSX cluster is already there. If the cluster still has the plugs it could be wired up i think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
c_buz said:
Can you elaborate? What exactly do you mean? The RSX cluster is already there. If the cluster still has the plugs it could be wired up i think.

get both scamatics for the eg cluster harness and rsx cluster harness color should be close maybe one or two off but like me i did a si cluster in my 88 crx wires there just gota spice and me i have type r in my crx used b16 tranny spiced electronic speedo in sssoo i would asume the eg to rsx would be some what close

·
Registered
741 Posts
The door panels would prolly require more work than the dash. I still think the RSX dash harness would be a good starting point. Most engine related functions are already wired, the stuff that would need figuring out would probabaly be the ignition, and external lighting. If soebody wants to try this out, I wiring diagrams, just promise to share the info... ha ha!! :) For whatever reason, I'm thinking this might be easier than making your own hybrid eg/k20 harness.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
What's that other cool cluster that has a black face and color meter lines on the inside of the tach that turn from yellow to red as you rev higher?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
litterbox said:
What's that other cool cluster that has a black face and color meter lines on the inside of the tach that turn from yellow to red as you rev higher?
s2000?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
litterbox said:
Nah, it wasn't an s2k. Somone posted it in this forum..someone must know.
was it digital also? maybe the insight?

·
Registered
104 Posts
yea im interested if its the same in a ek as a eg to swap the whole dash like that. that eg from HT is nice. i love the dash in my rsx

1 - 20 of 83 Posts