Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just recently ran into a problem with my RSX. Last week. was driving and suddenly my car started to make a metal grinding noise and i Immediately shut it off thinking something was going to happen. It hasn't turned on since. I checked the starter, battery, and fluids. Im at a point where im just stuck but I dont want to give up. Any help?

·
Registered
316 Posts
a typical source would be the starter motor not disengaging.
A failing joint on a drive shaft would also make noises.

We need more information.
how did it sound? (rumble, scratch, rattle, ...)
speed dependency?
gear dependency?
rpm dependency?
all the time or intermittent?
etc.

what is the current status? does it start? what happens when you turn the key?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounded like a metal scratching, I was just crusing in 3rd gear around my neighborhood and then I heard a scratch on the drivers side of my car. I put it in neutral after that and proceeded to turn it off. Current status: Its currently not turning on but I hear clicks . Usually its just one click and then nothing happens. All light work and radio still comes on.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,603 Posts
The click sound does come from the starter, trying to engage?
Did you check all possible damages to the drivetrain externally, like wood in the driveshaft, brocken axle boots, and so on? Did the metallic noise continuous when you pushed the drivetrain into neutral before you shut down the engine?
Did you do an leak down test already?
Did you turn the crank manual to do the leak down test? A 360° turn manually would tell you if something is wrong in the crank assembly. I inspection of the spark plugs also could tell you stories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts