Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

501 - 513 of 513 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got to love voice text! Base it is with my baby k. What's the rating on that motor anyways? I keep finding different results. 157 hp 139 tq? 9.8:1

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haha... Well, I don't have any patients, but I am about out of patience on this thread... =p

We've moved on from RSX Base swapped axles and the real deal setup for superior reliability (for a little extra cash), is of course our 36mm hub options with axles listed here: http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=53

OEM 36mm axles are crazy tough. We keep hearing feedback from customers really pushing them with K-swaps making power in the 500-1000hp mark using our 36mm hubs with OEM axles and still haven't broken one. When you are at that power level, you do have to assume axles are a wear item, but we've been surprised to hear that feedback.

If you have a little k20 w/ 200ish hp, then RSX Base w/ inners swapped will serve you fine.
So the driver side 8th gen axle doesn't fit?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Correct. It is too long and will bind. But, if you take a pair of 8th gen axles and swap the inner joints between them, that will in effect shorten the driver side just enough to make it safe.
Driver Side Type S + Passenger Side Si it is! :nod: I'll be ordering some of the 36mm hubs soon enough!

Do you guys have an extended stud option for the hubs?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Did anyone ever try using this particular mainshaft: (04-08) TSX/(03-07) Accord mainshaft: 44500-SDA-A00 with a set of RSX base axles?

I have a K24Z1 block that I want to assemble and stick into my EF. I believe it requires that particular shaft for the back of the block. That's all the info that I have on it and would like a little more before I get too involved with this thing and end up having to use a custom axle or something. I can't see why Honda would make a mainshaft that is weird length.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would say again.
-Eg6 with 5 lugs dc2 type r eudm conversion (32mm axle bolt)
-K24z3 engine with k20a2head
-K20A2 eudm transmission
-Intermediate shaft from RSX S usdm with one ear cutted off
-Left RSX S usdm axle switched to the right
-Right RSX S usdm axle switched to the left
-Inner joint from RSX S
-Outter joints from dc2 type r eudm (RSX S has 36mm axle bolt)
-hasport mounts

Works all like a charm

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Did anyone ever try using this particular mainshaft: (04-08) TSX/(03-07) Accord mainshaft: 44500-SDA-A00 with a set of RSX base axles?

I have a K24Z1 block that I want to assemble and stick into my EF. I believe it requires that particular shaft for the back of the block. That's all the info that I have on it and would like a little more before I get too involved with this thing and end up having to use a custom axle or something. I can't see why Honda would make a mainshaft that is weird length.
resurrected...

can't use TSX halfy shaft its too long vs an RSX .5 shaft.

Attachments

501 - 513 of 513 Posts