Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
501 - 520 of 521 Posts
Haha... Well, I don't have any patients, but I am about out of patience on this thread... =p

We've moved on from RSX Base swapped axles and the real deal setup for superior reliability (for a little extra cash), is of course our 36mm hub options with axles listed here: http://www.karcepts.com/shop/product.php?id_product=53

OEM 36mm axles are crazy tough. We keep hearing feedback from customers really pushing them with K-swaps making power in the 500-1000hp mark using our 36mm hubs with OEM axles and still haven't broken one. When you are at that power level, you do have to assume axles are a wear item, but we've been surprised to hear that feedback.

If you have a little k20 w/ 200ish hp, then RSX Base w/ inners swapped will serve you fine.
So the driver side 8th gen axle doesn't fit?

Correct. It is too long and will bind. But, if you take a pair of 8th gen axles and swap the inner joints between them, that will in effect shorten the driver side just enough to make it safe.
Driver Side Type S + Passenger Side Si it is! :nod: I'll be ordering some of the 36mm hubs soon enough!

Do you guys have an extended stud option for the hubs?

Did anyone ever try using this particular mainshaft: (04-08) TSX/(03-07) Accord mainshaft: 44500-SDA-A00 with a set of RSX base axles?

I have a K24Z1 block that I want to assemble and stick into my EF. I believe it requires that particular shaft for the back of the block. That's all the info that I have on it and would like a little more before I get too involved with this thing and end up having to use a custom axle or something. I can't see why Honda would make a mainshaft that is weird length.

I would say again.
-Eg6 with 5 lugs dc2 type r eudm conversion (32mm axle bolt)
-K24z3 engine with k20a2head
-K20A2 eudm transmission
-Intermediate shaft from RSX S usdm with one ear cutted off
-Left RSX S usdm axle switched to the right
-Right RSX S usdm axle switched to the left
-Inner joint from RSX S
-Outter joints from dc2 type r eudm (RSX S has 36mm axle bolt)
-hasport mounts

Works all like a charm

Did anyone ever try using this particular mainshaft: (04-08) TSX/(03-07) Accord mainshaft: 44500-SDA-A00 with a set of RSX base axles?

I have a K24Z1 block that I want to assemble and stick into my EF. I believe it requires that particular shaft for the back of the block. That's all the info that I have on it and would like a little more before I get too involved with this thing and end up having to use a custom axle or something. I can't see why Honda would make a mainshaft that is weird length.
resurrected...

can't use TSX halfy shaft its too long vs an RSX .5 shaft.

Attachments

Long time lurker here.
I picked up import direct axles from o’reilly’s and they won’t work. The spline count is different on the inside where the bearings are, and bearings are different sizes.
I’ve looked online and the auto and manual axles had the same part numbers. But the above post says that the auto half shaft is smaller then the manual. If this is the case, is the auto “passenger” side longer then the manual one? Does anyone know? I come across the occasional auto rsx cars at the yards, but the manual ones are non existent.
I hope to find and try to splice my parts at the yard this weekend. Maybe pull the auto “driver” side and “passenger” cup. If I’m that lucky.

An Acura parts site does show a different part number for the A/T. I can't find any specs on how it differs. RockAuto only sells CV axles for Base or Type S, it does not specify auto vs manual. Base does have 2 less splines in the hub, half shaft side is the same between them.

Okay.
so I went out today, allI found was the inner passenger cup on a auto element. Playing with a few axles till I could no longer bear the heat, an auto dc passenger side fit the cup, driver did not. And I tried a few sets of driver sides accord to no avail. I tried some axles from ek type singles and those didn’t fit. I also have ek type here that don’t fit the cup. I could not get the driver element axle out to mess with that unfortunately. I would just get rsx ones, if I could find them.
I am going to try to see if the o’Reilly driver fit the element passenger inner cup. I think that the driver side was the big bearing one.
Edit. I tried the aftermarket axle, and the bearings are also just slightly too small for the element cup as well.

501 - 520 of 521 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.