Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: RXS base axles works for EG!!!

I was told they will work, but have tendency to be to short and can fall out. Any insite to this? Maybe depending on the height of your car will change this?

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts

gdrum said:
I was told they will work, but have tendency to be to short and can fall out. Any insite to this? Maybe depending on the height of your car will change this?
actually no they are not too short because custom eg k seriers axles are just rsx axles with b series outers. the base rsx alxe's spines just fit into eg hub. i recommend using oem parts when ever possible.
ek's wont be able to use base rsx axles without modification.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

Wow, that's some good info! I just picked up a set of RSX base axles to use the inners to replace my sloppy DSS axle inners. I will take some comparison pics of the two axle assemblies sometime this weekend to share and hopefully confirm this statement. RSX base axles go for $50 a piece at my local junk yard.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts

Soda Popinski said:
O shit! So its just a striaght swap? Like no switcing? Since im guessing the base RSX shafts are 32mm not 36?
32mm. the type s is 36mm like the 98spec itr 5 lug :D .

·
Registered
92 Posts

98specR said:
actually no they are not too short because custom eg k seriers axles are just rsx axles with b series outers. the base rsx alxe's spines just fit into eg hub. i recommend using oem parts when ever possible.
ek's wont be able to use base rsx axles without modification.
Did you use this on your swap and have been hiding it from us? You kidder you.

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts

SmellyEG said:
Did you use this on your swap and have been hiding it from us? You kidder you.
there was a thread where a couple of us talked about it awhile back but it got lost under the more important questions, like where to put the temp sensor :D :up: .

·
GoldStar
2,657 Posts

·
My other car is a S2000
185 Posts

So BOTH axles work, or just the pasenger side?

If so, I'm picking up a a set of axles this weekend for the DC.

·
Registered
739 Posts

i guess Ill have to go to advance and swap out my type s axles for some base ones. That or see if someone wants to trade.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

I just took out my driver's side DSS axle to compare with the RSX base driver's side axle and the RSX axle is longer by about .5-.75". I have had some slight issues with the DSS driver's side axle popping out, but still, I don't know about adding another .5-.75" of length on there without binding issues when turning. I won't be able to get to the passenger side until tomorrow, but looking at the RSX base axles, it looks like the shaft of the passenger side might be the same length as the DSS driver's side... This could mean that swapping the inners on the RSX base axles might work. I'll know more when I get both axles out and take the boots off tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 511 Posts