Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey k20A users. i just wanted to know all your opinons on the two. which is worth the bang for the buck. and overall which is best when it comes to numbers. Thanks sorry i'm still new to the whole tuning thing :silly:

·
Registered
188 Posts
rrc :up:

·
Registered
629 Posts
As the others have said RRC. Is this all motor or FI applications? I thought I saw on here in my searching that the S2 didnt make anymore power than the RBC. Either way autofair Honda should be able to get what you need for a good price.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Before any S2 fanbois come in here and start putting out false information....RRC:up:

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
As the others have said RRC. Is this all motor or FI applications? I thought I saw on here in my searching that the S2 didnt make anymore power than the RBC. Either way autofair Honda should be able to get what you need for a good price.
N/A or FI does'nt matter,a manifold that is superior will be superior with either induction style.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked JHP usa. i drive a 04 DC5-S and theres a number of things i have to do to make it fit =.= you guys know anyone that does that stuff?

·
Registered
752 Posts
its no diffrent then a RBC. So look up what you need for a rbc for your enegine/chassis.Only thing that may be diffrent is if you keep the iacv you got to grind a slot into the manifold OR I think I heard the p2r gasket was enough to make it function.:up:

·
Registered
655 Posts
skunk2 intake manifolds are made for k24 motors or stroke k20s with high compression and a good set of cams ... they have very large ports and are designed for turbo aplications and bigger all motor builds as i stated before

as for the rrc they work better than any other intake manifold on a k20 or k24 with basic bolt ons ...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
skunk2 intake manifolds are made for k24 motors or stroke k20s with high compression and a good set of cams ... they have very large ports and are designed for turbo aplications and bigger all motor builds as i stated before

as for the rrc they work better than any other intake manifold on a k20 or k24 with basic bolt ons ...
skunk2 intake manifolds weren't really made for anything lol. They just threw something together that they thought would work on any K. It was ok on a few motors, but horrible on others. I would personally not use anything skunk2 on my motor again, but that's just me. They don't have very large ports, not large like and AFI manifold or big ITB's. How many racers do you actually see running a skunk2 intake manifold? If they were that great more people would run them.

In this battle, RRC takes the win hands down. If you want to compare others, then these 2 are towards the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skunk2 intake manifolds weren't really made for anything lol. They just threw something together that they thought would work on any K. It was ok on a few motors, but horrible on others. I would personally not use anything skunk2 on my motor again, but that's just me. They don't have very large ports, not large like and AFI manifold or big ITB's. How many racers do you actually see running a skunk2 intake manifold? If they were that great more people would run them.

In this battle, RRC takes the win hands down. If you want to compare others, then these 2 are towards the bottom of the list.
whats top of the list. thing is i live in california and im trying to get as much power as possible yet still pass smog.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Hi I did these test last year and with my set up the Skunk2 was not good. But don't forget that the S2 can give good results with more agressive set up... The RRC was impressive with S2 Stage2 cams and 2.5 inches exhaust. The ported RBB also.
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34644&page=27

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.