Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rotrex C30 Supercharger

Hi

I'm planing on buying a Rotrex C30 Supercharger. to put on a k20a2.
And do I need an intercoler and a blowoff valve?

What injectors should I use for this setup?

Thx
MAx

·
Registered
23 Posts
- C30-94 should be good to 400-ish
- You'll need a BOV for when you let off the throttle
- 650cc injectors match nicely to the C30-94
- the C38 will have less low end power due to lower PSI at lower RPM, but overall a higher PSI potential. Probably need new lower compression pistons to use it properly.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Search, search again, then search some more. I'm not being be a dick but all the information you need about the setup has been talked about numerous times on this board and www.clubrsx.com

·
Registered
57 Posts
Agree with PsyKotyk. My C30-94 setup produced 400 flywheel hp with meth/water injection and 650 cc injectors. Use a blow off valve.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Rotrex C30 Supercharger

Hosey you have a PM.

The C30-94 would be my recommendation if you don't plan on going for 475+hp. The KraftWerks K-Race kit includes a bypass valve. It is required. An intercooler is recommended. 650cc injectors should suffice.

-Oscar Jr.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not to be a dick, but why not just turbo? At the end of the day, it's just a belt driven turbo system. go for a twin screw supercharger or something

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not to be a dick, but why not just turbo? At the end of the day, it's just a belt driven turbo system. go for a twin screw supercharger or something
You should really read up on the Rotrex's before you say this. Alot of good stuff coming out of these setups. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
You should really read up on the Rotrex's before you say this. Alot of good stuff coming out of these setups. :)
I guess, but I see no outrageous benefit to them. If you're going high hp, just do it with a turbo. It's efficient and it works.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
true but u dont have the sudden burst of hp and tq from a turbo setup. the rotrex makes power with the rpm. im a fan of turbo's myself, if there is ever going to be a bolt on rotrex kit then that would be awesome.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I vote after-cooled twin screw supercharger. More linear power. In a black and white view it's either root/screw supercharger or turbo. And the rotrex is in the gray view. People are running 8's and low 9's with turbo's and the only recognition of the Rotrex I've really seen was with Hondata's top mph run.

·
Registered
586 Posts
there will be more recognition of the rotrex soon.

and with the 8s and 9s turbo setups, these are race cars. even if they are street cars, they are race cars. not many people even have the rotrex, so remember this. and making a car to drive that not only puts down the power properly, but also does it in the most reliable way would always get the vote here.

turbo and twins screw both are killer ways to make power, but i wouldnt knock the rotrex just yet.

just my 2 pennies

·
Registered
23 Posts
there will be more recognition of the rotrex soon.

and with the 8s and 9s turbo setups, these are race cars. even if they are street cars, they are race cars. not many people even have the rotrex, so remember this. and making a car to drive that not only puts down the power properly, but also does it in the most reliable way would always get the vote here.

turbo and twins screw both are killer ways to make power, but i wouldnt knock the rotrex just yet.

just my 2 pennies
Well said. It's just not about bragging rights for highest top end horsepower. 1/4 mile track and circuit track have totally different needs as far as top end power, power band, time to spool, reliability etc.

If one size fit all, these other methods for boost simply wouldn't exist. People need to evaluate what boost solution is right for their particular interest.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Who sells Rotrex at the best price?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts