Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the Hondata site recently and I came across the ROM Editor program. When I went to the downloads section of the site I noticed there was a download for the ROM Editor version 3.0 but just the demo version. I was wondering if anyone knew where u could get the full version of ROM Editor.

Also can the s200 be used on k series engines or the Kpro has to be used exclusivley to the k series engines.

Also does anyone use this ECU if so how is it does it satisfy what u where looking for? How does it perform?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanx for the reply I'll keep looking up on it, it seems to be a very good purchase. :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing that I don't like is that they don't deal with customers directly and that you have to go through a dealership. Seems to be a hassle.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Teg said:
The only thing that I don't like is that they don't deal with customers directly and that you have to go through a dealership. Seems to be a hassle.
Well, they do have a forum at http://www.hondata.net/forum/ in case you have a question and you do not have time to call them. So they do deal with customers.

As far as having the dealers sell the upgraded ECUS... I completelly understand why they do not want to sell them on their own. Many companies do not sell direct but only through dealers.

As far as what they were able to accomplish with the introduction of the K pro, I have to say that I have been talking to a few ECU geniuses so to speak... People that can flash the b series ecu within minutes on their own because they have all the hardware and the knowledge... They told me that even if they had the bin file that honda uses to flash the ecu, it would take them at least 1 year to go through 100K + lines of code.. and that if there was a combined effort for at least 10 experts.... It would take that long... What Derek , Doug were able to do is still remarkable... When it comes to K series, hondata is pretty much the only solution.. AEM is almost out but like I said.. it is taking and will take anyone a considerable amount of time to do what hondata is doing now.

Nikos

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nikos

I know where your coming from. I just don't understand why they would do that I mean I show up to Honda with a Teg and a totally different engine that ain't supposed to be in that car and there gonna just blow it off and install the ECU. I mean I'm pretty sure the dealers around here would ask some questions.

And about the programing I understand also I myself use lots of different programs to enhance performance out of my engines recently I've been working with the progrma AEM Pro which lets u deal with your injectors mapping sensors and so on. DSM Link which is only for Eagle Talons or Eclipse. And I use Mitchell On Demand for car maintenance and repair. When I purchase the Hondata Kpro ECU if I do It will most definetly be me who plays around with the program.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
I think you are mistaken about something. You don;t have to go to honda dealerships...

Give me one minute. And check back.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not to sure but it says to bring this form to your dealership closest to you and get the form signed by whoever and then the dealership will send the form to Hondata.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahhh I understand now. Thanks for the clear up nikos. It does suck though that there is only one company in Montreal who does this selling and installing.

And it doesn't look like it sells the Kpro.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Ok, here's how it works..

You find someone that sells the hondata K pro, ( a hondata dealer)...

You pay them, then you send the ECU where they want you to sent it and you get it back. Now you have the K pro.

It goes exactly where the original ECU was located..

You follow instructions and the car is running again. It is user friendly and you can play around with it... or you can take it to someone that will tune your car with it... or you can use the stock calibrations...

I made a sticky with a very detailed HOW TO... Take some time and read it.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2009

By the way where are you located?

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
You don;t need anyone to install it. You just need somene that know how to tune it.. How about driving to the states for one day? I am sure in NY there are a few places that can do it. One of the moderators here, lives in Buffalo and has tuned his k pro.

Again, the stock calibrations will work.. but if you start installing a lot of parts and want the max power, you need a dyno to tune it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm located In Montreal.

Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. And yes I will take the time to read ur sticky :D .

And about the tuning on the Hondata site they give a a training download on how to use there windows program Kmanager. I'm guessing that should teach you a thing or 2 about tuning the ECU.

Driving to the states is no problem for me except that it can't be to far outta range don't wanna put that much kilos on my car ya know. If so I would have to trailer the car and drive somethin else there.

·
Banned
15,812 Posts
Teg said:
Driving to the states is no problem for me except that it can't be to far outta range don't wanna put that much kilos on my car ya know. If so I would have to trailer the car and drive somethin else there.
YES, KILOS ARE DANGEROUS... IF YOU GET BUSTED :D ( I AM KIDDING)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL damn u made me die of laughter. :silly: :up: :dance: :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts