Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,835 Posts
I think he’s referring to his track driving as “rusty” and not the actual car.
Wow, what a huge sand trap I tapped in 🤭. Good to know it is not the chassis, just katman's actual driver skills. It is time things get normal. Here the hair cutters are allowed to start their business on 1st of march again. The first body near working branch which is allowed to restart. Racing is still not possible, I still hope guys can get to the track this year, not to only improve their diver skills also to create demands for better engines, modifications and tunes.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Wow, I love the EG chassis, even if it is heavier as the ED chassis. Looks very racy 🆙. What was the setup of the K20 engine? Where does it rust?
ha my driving is 'rusty' not the engine or chassis.

Current engine setup is a sleeved k20a3 bore to 88mm with A2 crank, skunk2 alpha rods, supertech pistons (around 11.5cr), wpc treated: all bearings/wrist pins/oil pump gear/piston skirts/piston rings, prb head is just refreshed (stock ports) w/eibach valve springs (in lieu of IPSK2 and Cartel 2.2 cams going in) but running stock R cams for now, skunk pro series intake manifold (smoothed runners), skunk alpha header, 3" exhaust.

A more recent trackday video from last month:

Rustyness is still active =/

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,835 Posts
Current engine setup is a sleeved k20a3 bore to 88mm with A2 crank, skunk2 alpha rods, supertech pistons (around 11.5cr), wpc treated: all bearings/wrist pins/oil pump gear/piston skirts/piston rings, prb head is just refreshed (stock ports) w/eibach valve springs (in lieu of IPSK2 and Cartel 2.2 cams going in) but running stock R cams for now, skunk pro series intake manifold (smoothed runners), skunk alpha header, 3" exhaust.
Very nice engine setup 🆙!

A more recent trackday video from last month:
Rustyness is still active =/
Not too bad, the S-section flows nicely. Rustyness is just on long curves...looks promising. Wasn't there just recently Formula Atlantic on that track?

BTW, tomorrow is RSP head flow bench time 😃!

221 - 225 of 225 Posts