Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the IPG DA also a K-series?
No, just a basically stock B18A built around scca ita rules.

We do have a EP3 with a mildly built K20 that I'll post more of next week, its being tested at a PBOC event at Sebring this weekend.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here are a few photos of our cars. There’s hundreds and hundreds of shots on our facebook page (facebook.com/sportcarmotion). Just grabbed a few for you guys.

“Big Red” Ken’s FA5 was powered by a built K20Z3 pushing 270HP, now K20/K24 powered. Currently in the Race Issue of Honda Tuning this month.

Ken’s FA5 and Daniel’s K20 CRZ at This year’s Super Street Magazine FF Battle

Our infamous Rotrex Supercharged ITR.

Daniel’s K20 CRZ

My K20 Civic Type-R

Super Street FF Battle 3 winner . Little duct tape

Super Street FF Battle 2

My K24 FA5

Our S2000 at Laguna Seca

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Very simple setup:

Stock k20A and Transmission
Hasport EKK2 mounts
RBC
Hybrid Racing Intake
RCREW Header
Hytech Exhaust
KPro
Thanks for the reply:like:. It is very similar to my setup. I can't wait to be finished and have my car on the track. Must be nice to have local access to such an awesome track. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are there any in-car videos of the SCM k20 crz's? I've wanted to see more info on these cars but haven't found much on the interwebs.

It's funny you ask. Out of the SIX Go-pros we have, we managed to forget all of them before the event (FF Battle). But, the magazine has video that they will be releasing around the time the story goes to print next month. I think on our Facebook fan page there might be some video from testing at Adam's Motorsport Park. But, tiny little track! Go kart track pretty much.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Tom is that big red switch fire suppression or a battery kill?
Super Street Magazine's FF Battle results coming out next issue. Photo they just posted yesterday of "Big Red".

Awesome rides! I saw a post of you on FB and I'm super impressed with your business and driver accomplishments in a prodominantly male dominated world:new_slayer:

I'd love to see this thread fill up. It's huge on H-T. I know we have tons of road racers in this forum but we just need to represent. Unfortunately our racing season here is coming to a close but I'll def have my car up and racing next year. So you fair weather racers lets see some pics!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Awesome rides! I saw a post of you on FB and I'm super impressed with your business and driver accomplishments in a prodominantly male dominated world:new_slayer:

I'd love to see this thread fill up. It's huge on H-T. I know we have tons of road racers in this forum but we just need to represent. Unfortunately our racing season here is coming to a close but I'll def have my car up and racing next year. So you fair weather racers lets see some pics!
Thank you. We are very dedicated to road racing, but tend to only attend west coast events as business has really taken off in the past 3 years, and it is hard to get away at times. We will try to keep updating the thread as much as possible on here. I personally hate HT and don't even frequent that forum, so this is it. We have testing coming up with the Rotrex supercharged ITR next month, and Super Lap Battle finals to follow in November along with Global Time Attack out at Buttonwillow Raceway. The red FA5 will be attending as well. Just finished the new K24 for it. We just reset the record last year with the ITR, and really hope to beat our own record again this year with the ITR. Glad to see this thread get started guys! :new_slayer:

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
We just finished the 24hour Midnight Mountain Madness at Pikes Peak International Raceway with ChumpCar. It's such an awesome series, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't had the chance to run yet. Very cheap, lot's of good clean fun driving, and the race is very well run.

These shots were taken by Chris Gio, one of our drivers. We love our cameraman. You can check out the whole album, including our mascot, at Chris Gio Photography

There was a Friday practice a couple of our team members warmed up in with their personal cars.

We put the team car out for a bit to shake it down. It didn't really need it, we drove the car too the race from Denver (about 150 miles) and drove it back after the race.

Sending our first driver to grid.

Dawn breaking after an adventurous night. You'll notice a couple bits fallen off or relocated after some love rubs.

We started off with a set of tires that had a bit of a flat spot. We tended to find that same flat spot over and over until... lol

Mean mugg'n and dead tired.

All in all, we drove the car to track did almost 1100 laps, had 3 bumps with other cars, 4 mechanical incidents, one done tire, 4 dead tires, 5th place, and drove the car back. Definitely recommend.

p.s. That rear wing is our 'DRS system'. We have it set to flatten out at ~45mph. It doesn't help our times, but it does get us all the women.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts