Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/33343

One thing from that article that i'd like to bring up is the idea that Best Buy will become the juggernaut, so to speak, of the tech retail business. i dont particularly like that idea. Here's the part of the article that talks about it:

Finally ... a deep bow to Circuit City in general, where I've spent countless hours of browsing (and drooling)—and if nothing else, when it comes to tech retailers, less competition is never a good thing.
It sucks for the consumer that come spring time Best Buy will have no one to compete with.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I here that they are not out of business any more they are just keeping it that way so they can sell some more. Not sure how reliable this is though.:confused:

·
Registered
226 Posts
to be honest i hate best buy b/c the way they dont keep you in there computers. i bought a brand new pioneer cd player from them a month it broke but b/c i didnt have my recite they wouldnt take it back ****ing dicks. i had to eat a 300 dollar cd player b/c of them

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I here that they are not out of business any more they are just keeping it that way so they can sell some more. Not sure how reliable this is though.:confused:
There are 2 types of bankruptcy. They were in chapter 11 which protected them and allowed them to restructure but stay in business. They are now in chapter 7 liquidation. So they are definitely going out of business.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
there are still other companys for best buy to compete with. Nothing drastic will happen to the prices.

Now's the time to get some deals before the go out of business. At the one where i live everything in 30% off.:up:

·
Premium Member
4,257 Posts
I stopped by the local circuit city and they didn't have any good prices at all. Things were 10%, 20% and 30% off. You can still find better prices elsewhere.

Also hhgregg has gotten popular in my area. i actually bought my tv from them instead of bothering with best buy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you guys are going to CC for bargains during their liquidations, make sure you are actually getting a deal to begin with. I have a friend that is a manager at a CC, and they intentionally mark their prices up so people will haggle with them, and think they are still getting a good deal, but its about the same price elsewhere after it is all said and done. It wouldn't surprise me that these prices are still above normal, even through out the liquidation

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you guys are going to CC for bargains during their liquidations, make sure you are actually getting a deal to begin with. I have a friend that is a manager at a CC, and they intentionally mark their prices up so people will haggle with them, and think they are still getting a good deal, but its about the same price elsewhere after it is all said and done. It wouldn't surprise me that these prices are still above normal, even through out the liquidation
heard basically the same thing. i'd suggest go there, find out what u want, go home, check elsewhere, then go back if you find out how good the deal is.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
yea i just went and didn't see anything that was worth buying. over $200 for a damn hdmi cable is still too much for me lol.
Amazon.com.. :up:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thanks Kommon_sense. I figured my sources were unreliable but i didn't have anything else going on. I am really not following them either never thought they ever had any deals. I also have a BMW dealership in my area that bumps their prices up for a week or so tell people they are having a sale in a week or so then they lower the prices back to normal and put a sale sign on it. I love going down the street and laughing at it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts