Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

RHD EG3 K-swap Project - K-illeR Bunny

15K views 55 replies 10 participants last post by  chris2000 
#1 ·
Had been around this forum for awhile but rarely post new threads... Owned several Hondas but this is my own FIRST K-swap..

Bought this blue JDM EG3 last year August and the build had been slow but had progress well till now..

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
3 months in the painter shop. Car had some poor body repair previously, so had to sand down the unneccessry sections, re-align the panels and fix back all dented areas.

Took the opportunity to change New J's Racing Wide frt fender as well as install new frt windscreen and new rubber seals where required!

Attachments

#8 ·
Fresh paint after almost 2 months in body repair shop.. Frt windscreen removed, waiting for new windscreen to be installed..

Attachments

#10 ·
How it looks like when it is almost done in the painter shop!

J's Racing Frt lip installed too with many rubber seals replaced with the antenna cap off as well as new rear lamps and rear view mirror..

Attachments

#17 ·
Dashboard removed! Unnecessary wiring removed and manual pedals are modded into it with preparation to manual stick!

After some nice cleaning up, then a fresh ori blue paint is resprayed! ITR brake master cylinder and booster and clutch pump installed.

#18 ·
My choice of shifter! Hybrid Racing RSX shifter with their Shifter cables kit!

Bearings on the Hybrid Racing shifter cables

Hard Shifter springs provide with the Hybrid Racing Shifter cable to improve shift stiffness and feel.

K-tuned Billet shifter plate to mount the Hybrid Racing RSX shifter inside the cabin as i wanted to maximum clearance for my 3" exhaust and also i wanted the shifter to sit higher for road racing feel. A K-tuned firewall cable grommet is chosen to route the cable nicely through the firewall :)

#21 ·
I kept my interior and engine bay the ori blue, but wanted to try Pearl white on the exterior :bunny: hahaha.... Also i kept my side molding black for this moment.

Yeah this Hybrid Racing shifter box designed for RSX seems to be tough and strong. Can't wait to put the shifter to test on street and track!

#20 ·
The K20 engine is rebuild with fresh OEM bearings, oil pump, seals and a set of 86mm Supertech Pistons.

A stock FD2R head was used for the project as it is the best OEM heads. Maybe in future a ported head will be used when time is needed for one.

A pair of proven Drag Cartel 002.2 endurance camshaft with matching Supertech valvetrain kits used :new_slayer:

#22 ·
The first time the K20 engine gets into the bay to test fit the Hybrid Racing K-swap mounts and misc parts.

Hybrid Racing Shifter cable fitted perfectly on the DC5 gearbox through the heater core.

Hybrid Racing Full Width K-swap radiator made by Griffin installed to test fit other parts.

Car will see some road race, so power steering is a must. So got a Hybrid Racing Power steering kit to ease my install of power steering. But clearance of the pump to the very thick radiator is pretty close!

#25 ·
My choice of fueling..

As car may see some road race/time attack fun, i got my self a SARD surged tank.

A Grams 255LPH in-tank pumping fuel to SARD surged tank then Grams 320LPH to the engine.

Engine side i have the Hybrid Racing K-swap Fuel kit with the Red Fuel Rail, center feed fuel hoses and their Fuel Pressure Regulator.

A set of Grams 550cc injectors to supply fuel to engine.

#27 ·
1st install mock up to check on fitment and clearance. All is GOOD!

Hybrid Racing Fuel hose and filter routed under manifold along the transmission. U can also see the Hybrid Racing Clutch line.

The Hybrid Racing Fuel Regulator mounted on the shock tower area.

Hybrid Racing 74mm TB + TPS.. Go BIG or Go Home :nod:

#28 ·
I salvage my NSX NA2 calipers from my old dc2 road race car which i sold and move them to this EG build. Got it install with Seidoya N1-500 pads and some J's Racing slotted rotors that are now discontinued.

Hope this brake setup will be enough to stop the EG during its track days!

15"x8j rims are very hard to come by here and managed to find this but didnt like gold rims but had not much choices.

Then i send it to my friend who managed to help me get it painted in custom DCM colors! loving it now! hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.