Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3 months in the painter shop. Car had some poor body repair previously, so had to sand down the unneccessry sections, re-align the panels and fix back all dented areas.

Took the opportunity to change New J's Racing Wide frt fender as well as install new frt windscreen and new rubber seals where required!

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fresh paint after almost 2 months in body repair shop.. Frt windscreen removed, waiting for new windscreen to be installed..

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How it looks like when it is almost done in the painter shop!

J's Racing Frt lip installed too with many rubber seals replaced with the antenna cap off as well as new rear lamps and rear view mirror..

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Previous owner swap a D15 to it. And it was still pretty decent for a car almost 20years old!

The very first thing i did when it left the painter shop, was to weigh the strip car how heavy it was.. just curious to know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After weighing the EG, i went an do a baseline dyno to see what the 20years old engine is doing on the dynojet!

Not too bad for the old D15B automatic trans. 71whp and 9.5kgm!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quick progress, that white turned out great!
not that quick actually... had been working on it since January. hahahaha.....

been compiling photos and now found some time uploading the photos of the progress.

like the sparkle of the Pearl white but its kinda hard to see in the pictures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dashboard removed! Unnecessary wiring removed and manual pedals are modded into it with preparation to manual stick!

After some nice cleaning up, then a fresh ori blue paint is resprayed! ITR brake master cylinder and booster and clutch pump installed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My choice of shifter! Hybrid Racing RSX shifter with their Shifter cables kit!

Bearings on the Hybrid Racing shifter cables

Hard Shifter springs provide with the Hybrid Racing Shifter cable to improve shift stiffness and feel.

K-tuned Billet shifter plate to mount the Hybrid Racing RSX shifter inside the cabin as i wanted to maximum clearance for my 3" exhaust and also i wanted the shifter to sit higher for road racing feel. A K-tuned firewall cable grommet is chosen to route the cable nicely through the firewall :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The K20 engine is rebuild with fresh OEM bearings, oil pump, seals and a set of 86mm Supertech Pistons.

A stock FD2R head was used for the project as it is the best OEM heads. Maybe in future a ported head will be used when time is needed for one.

A pair of proven Drag Cartel 002.2 endurance camshaft with matching Supertech valvetrain kits used :new_slayer:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts