Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I coverted my ef9 rhd from the fire wall and decided to go k20a the jdm one. The master cylinder is not a problem because the motor clears it. The hasport mount will work, but the only problem is the tranny mount it has to be welded onto the rack and pinian because of the location of jdm and usdm mounts. But other then that it the same swap on lhd or rhd.

Any one wanna pitch in for a paint job!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would think the problem would be the vtec sol itself... It seems to be in the way, how close it yours?

Also, why did you redrill the mount bolt over to the left on the right side mount? Thats prolly why its hitting the rear x member.

·
Registered
22 Posts
can ya post some more pictures my brother is in the process of buy a ef tomoz hopefully but the oz (aussie spec) and it has the carby engine in it now so a k20 swap would be great.. how much power u got down from the k20...

·
Registered
57 Posts
WARNING!!!!!!!!^^^^^^

The dual carb crx will run into other problems.

You will really need a donor crx 16v/vt/Sir/si car for fuel system stuff

This is what most people converting to b16 need to do anyway, the whole carb to pgmfi sucks

·
Registered
151 Posts
:up: I mounted mine on the firewall under the M/C (after ditching the ALB system).
is that nessercery?? i know for sure that left-side b-series engine mount in a vtec EF is wider than the others. So does that make a difference with mount-kits?? or do they all bolt-in regardless of the chasis being an EF2/3 or EF8/9..

just interests me that i havent stumbled across many k-swaps into EF8/9's..

·
Registered
51 Posts
is that nessercery?? i know for sure that left-side b-series engine mount in a vtec EF is wider than the others. So does that make a difference with mount-kits?? or do they all bolt-in regardless of the chasis being an EF2/3 or EF8/9..

just interests me that i havent stumbled across many k-swaps into EF8/9's..
Is mounting the prop valve on the firewall necessary? Yes because there is no room on the right hand shock tower, obviously it can go anywhere you want but that's where I stuck it :)

Is ditching the ALB necessary? Possibly not, the power unit might be in the way of the rear mount bracket but that could be moved over a touch I guess if you were intent on keeping the system. Mine came out as it hadn't worked for years and I never considered it any good anyway.

I don't know much about EF2/3s but if your car originally came with a B16 you will have the problems I listed HERE (the wider mount being one of those), if it didn't you will probably be OK.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts