Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic eg
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone have a photo of under neath their stock EG hood;where the k24 / throttle body would hit the hood ? if not maybe they could describe where to cut.

I’m getting my car including under the hood painted and i want to notch or cut the skeleton before painting it.

After that I’m going to throw in the motor.

k24 w/ rbc manifold hasport: egk2

much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
im curious about this also. im running power steering in my eg hatch k swap and the hood would hit where the throttle body is but i think i got that to clear with cutting underside of hood. i cut where the power steering pulley is also but wont close without touching the pulley. i heard about using the jackson racing supercharger pulley but they are really hard to find. if anyone cxan please help let me know. thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Are you using the booster vacuum port coming off the RBC? Are you using the RBC MAP sensor mounting point or the MAP mounting point on the OEM TB?

I do not have a picture of the underside of the hood, closed, with the K24 installed at either the highest setting on the EGK2 kit or the lowest setting. The car I installed the swap in was a Del Sol, which is similar to the other EG cars. At the highest setting the booster port hit the underside of the hood and left a mark, then again the header I am using (KTuned big tube) did not clear the OEM PS rack so I had to set it to the lowest setting, where the booster port no longer hit the hood and regardless I ended up cutting the webbing right at that area and ran a TB adapter with vacuum ports on the side (Karcepts), tapped the booster port hole and inserted an Allen head bolt with Hondabond on the threads. I put the MAP sensor on the manifold, not the TB, for better clearance and it cleared the lowest setting easily. Unless the webbing is cut, it will hit if the TB MAP mounting point is used. It did not hit on either setting when mounted on the manifold as I remember it. But it was the valve cover at the passenger side shock tower on the highest setting and the Mishimoto radiator cap on the lowest setting that gave me the most clearance issues. After the webbing was removed in those areas it cleared the hood. Then again with the Del Sol having a slightly different hood that the other EGs, maybe it’s an issue specific to the Del Sol.

With a hose connected to the booster port on the RBC with the EGK2 set on the lowest setting, it did rub on the webbing underneath.

·
Registered
Honda Civic Hatchback 1994 KSwapped
8 Posts
Hi does anyone have a photo of under neath their stock EG hood;where the k24 / throttle body would hit the hood ? if not maybe they could describe where to cut.

I’m getting my car including under the hood painted and i want to notch or cut the skeleton before painting it.

much appreciated thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
Honda Civic Hatchback 1994 KSwapped
8 Posts

much appreciated thanks
Hello. I can get you more pictures tomorrow if u need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts