Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 400 of 413 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Got bored and was looking at where to mount the intercooler. Figured it would be easier with the front end on so I know what holes I’ll be using on the radiator support. Intercooler is 32” and the opening is 27”. Good news for me that the jdm front bumper won’t have to be cut at all. There’s plenty of room.
Unloved topic, engine bay clearance issues. But this chassis has plenty of clearance, I really like it. I actually design a 2000 ccm drag race engine, spec'd to 1200 hp, for an Audi Quattro Chassis. The intercooler clearance issue is a bigger one here as MAT (air temperature in the plenum) has to be smaller than 40 °C. Sometimes I wished the chassis would be designed around the engine, not the vice versa :D.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
I should be able to fit it centered by trimming a bit of none Structural metal. I think I know what to trim and still have it look clean like it was always like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Wow, that's a huge difference. Looks much more sportive and willingly to go for full pull as the actual one. The combination of the 2 eye light and the huge cooler opening makes it a complete different much more sportive look. Great!

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
No the Usdm front end has a circle lights. I don’t like the circle lights
You like more the rectangular lights like the Opel Calibra had it in 1989?

Source: Opel Calibra A - autobild.de

Because of the lights, it had a deep seating hood and this was the first series mass production car breaking the air drag coefficient cW down to 0,26 (1989!). Was a great car with a superb C20XE engine, one of the best engine of Opel. It had by the way the highest efficiency for an gasoline engine that time (38 % in higher part load). It run in the German Master Race series, called DTM and was successful there. The circular lights wouldn't look good on it...yea, I see your point.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
Check the photos above of my actual car and that is how she is staying besides some new paint in the near future. Can’t make my mind up on what paint color to go with

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
So I got some things back from powder coat. Suspension is ready to be installed.

So then when I got home I got a box

Also got word that my new rear driveshaft just got shipped to me. 1310 spicer u joints and yokes

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Very nice progress man! So you are a black color guy too .
What size does the Rotrex Compressor now have you have in hand now?
I got a c38-92 with a 100mm pulley. I should be able to rev to 8500 rpm with the 5.5” crank pulley I’m using

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,266 Posts
Rear is done, feeling great about it!!!!
Wow, that looks really like series stuff. Massive arms on the lower side. What I really wonder is were the top arms (upper linkages) just screwed into the chassis without any reference in angle (2 dimensions are free)? How is the inner bracing of the two upper linkages done. Is there a bar inside? How is the kinematic of that axle linkage if the upper has not a real reference to the lower one or am I just lost in lacking informations, we can't see in your pictures? Sorry for my questions, I am just stunning about the upper linkage fixing.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Wow, that looks really like series stuff. Massive arms on the lower side. What I really wonder is were the top arms (upper linkages) just screwed into the chassis without any reference in angle (2 dimensions are free)? How is the inner bracing of the two upper linkages done. Is there a bar inside? How is the kinematic of that axle linkage if the upper has not a real reference to the lower one or am I just lost in lacking informations, we can't see in your pictures? Sorry for my questions, I am just stunning about the upper linkage fixing.
The upper chamber arms have spherical bushings on both ends. This car is a street car not a track car. So not too worried about reinforcing things right now

·
Registered
292 Posts
Damn that looks good. Are those the s1 built rear trailing arms ? Green tea metallic on a Jdm front integra would look super 👍✅

381 - 400 of 413 Posts