Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

361 - 380 of 413 Posts

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
I’m an electrician right now and I would say working with metal is the thing I’m the worst with. I know no one that does metal fab/welding. I have friends in all other trades to help me learn the proper way. Welding I am winging. I got the basics and know how to see if there is good heat penetration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
Small update. Got the clutch installed and transmission put on

Then I said to myself, why not just put the motor in. Should only take 10 minutes. I was wrong. Took less that 5 minutes

So why not try on the engine harness!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Small update. Got the clutch installed and transmission put on

Then I said to myself, why not just put the motor in. Should only take 10 minutes. I was wrong. Took less that 5 minutes

So why not try on the engine harness!

Looks great ! Very clean swap 👍

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
Member here names awok has tons of stainless header tube and wants to try and make one so we shall see. I’m excited about it

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Stefan from asp made a deal with me to take it back since it’s still brand new and put it towards building an awd header for me. Said he can start on an awd header in like 3 weeks

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
He does awesome work man. I don’t think I could buy a header from someone else if Stefan is still in business. Definitely not after this customer service after he saw a post a made on an awd group on Facebook.

·
Premium Member
10,379 Posts
I got my 8th gen from rich (used asp header) way back when. And some odd and ends throughoutthe years. Definitely one of the best on the market and like you said the customer service is top notch.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
Progress has been slow as I’m waiting on the radiator and intercooler setup to arrive and the kraftwerks c38-92 kit to arrive. But I finished up the top diff mount for the rear diff. I’m going to use rivnuts in the frame rail to hold this top mount in the car just like the fcs kit does. If it doesn’t work I can always weld it in place afterwords.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
Got bored and was looking at where to mount the intercooler. Figured it would be easier with the front end on so I know what holes I’ll be using on the radiator support. Intercooler is 32” and the opening is 27”. Good news for me that the jdm front bumper won’t have to be cut at all. There’s plenty of room.

361 - 380 of 413 Posts