Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

321 - 340 of 410 Posts

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
its been 364 days since last communication.
They will be coming this spring. 2 kids and a new job happend since I started this project. Things are settling down a bit, when the warm weather gets here I'll get started.

Plus my garage is a mess and I got a 2001 ford range edge I was givin for free with a bad clutch so I'm in the middle of getting a new clutch in that. Garage is a complete disaster

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #324 (Edited)
So I haven’t touched this car since 2012 and I’m back at it now that my kids are getting older and I have found more time and motivation. Currently just getting all my suspension rebuilt so it’s all shiny and new.

Had all suspension parts powder coated semi gloss black. Timken wheel bearings, oem ball joints and spoon bushings. Also got new oem hubs, and bolt boys complete dc2 bolt kit. Enjoy the pictures. I will try to keep updating this thread as I go but with winter right here I will be going slow during the winter. So hold tight guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Can't wait to see it in person! It's been a few years since I've seen the car.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #326

So I got the bay primed a few weeks ago but I’m in the north east and it’s cold so I had to heat the garage. Sadly I heat up the drivers side shock tower and cured the primer too fast. So I have decided to leave as it till spring and fix the couple spots. Once those spots are fixed and primed we will do sealer and color.

Also I scored a rs roof so I started the roof skin swap also. I’ll keep updating as I can test fit the motor and such this winter so there are no unexpected surprises after the bay is painted.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #329

Guess what’s in the boxes. I won’t use what’s in the boxes till the car is on the road and I have enjoyed it. But the prices keep going up so I had to get what’s in the boxes before the prices go too high

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Looks an awful lot like side skirts. Dc2 itr aren't getting any younger so it's no wonder that part prices are headed north. I completely understand letting the kiddos grow up. The bug got me again as well, well never left but hit again in full force, my pockets aren't any deeper than they were in 2009 than now, I just have a bit more knowledge

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
Well a lot has changed. Where to start. I’ll show where I’m at now as of yesterday.

Now clearly I still have to mount and weld up the upper diff mount. But I first want to sure up around the areas I cut away. I didn’t like the area where the bolts that go through the support and into the trunk area that just use the sheet metal. So I’m making it stronger. Just need to cut them up with a plasma cutter.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
I finally got my block back. I changed plans from when I first started this build. I was going all motor. I have decided to go super charged, so a new motor had to be built.

So I got a new k24 block and took it to cncwerkz to get css installed into a k24a4 block. I also had them install the 87.5mm wiseco 11.1:1 pistons and the wiseco boost line rods.

So yea I had to clean and paint the block.

The rest of the motor includes type s oil pump, super tech valve train, super tech flat faced valves, 4piston pro tsx head, ips kme camshafts. I also used all Allen socket stainless steel bolts to fasten everything. Got an arp valve cover kit, along with arp intake and exhaust manifold studs.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
I also got the tranny completed.

Added a wavetrak awd lsd into my 03 element trans mission. Me and a friend of mine. He’s a transmission guy. Changed the final drive from 4.7 to 4.3, added an 06 si 6th gear, and replaced the synchros with sunchrotech carbon synchros. And then painted the case.

Got more done on the drive line also. This is the good stuff.

Had the rear diff rebuilt by @trustfab and the vc

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,256 Posts
I finally got my block back. I changed plans from when I first started this build. I was going all motor. I have decided to go super charged, so a new motor had to be built.
Wow, is this the first AWD-Build here I see? Great to have you back ReppinDA(603)! Now my build thread is no longer the slowest :D.

I saw your NA approach, which was very nice. I see also the need for more torque when going AWD. Rooooooaaaarrrrrrr...this will get a very nice built threat. Are you going to use a intercooler? The 11.0:1 CR will force a lot of ignition retard beyond a MAP of 1.2 bar. A intercooler would help to get this fuel eater a bit more efficient.

·
Registered
267 Posts
sick! And to know we might be close by from each other!.. im in the merrimack valley area. Building a K swap DA integra 👍

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
Yea I bought an intercooler setup. It’s good for 850whp stay posted but here are some teasers of where I’m at today

This is where I started today. Tore the steering column out and started to get the dash and carpet out.

Got her jacked up so I can degrease and pressure wash her inside and out. I will then undercoat the entire car. I think I tore her down far enough. Got a civic ac duct delete on the way and I need to find a Manuel dc2 dash harness. Will take to long to take all the auto transmission stuff out of the current harness. So if you got one please let me know. Also got the interior ready

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yea I bought an intercooler setup. It’s good for 850whp stay posted but here are some teasers of where I’m at today

This is where I started today. Tore the steering column out and started to get the dash and carpet out.

Got her jacked up so I can degrease and pressure wash her inside and out. I will then undercoat the entire car. I think I tore her down far enough. Got a civic ac duct delete on the way and I need to find a Manuel dc2 dash harness. Will take to long to take all the auto transmission stuff out of the current harness. So if you got one please let me know. Also got the interior ready

Another thread back from the dead ! Work looks good !

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
7,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
Very nice. What is your power goal ReppinDa(603)?

There are a lot of Honda driven wheels on your garage inlet :love:...just the lawnmower is from JD. Honda need to improve that :unsure:.
I’d like 500whp. Not a drag queen, just a fun weekend car

321 - 340 of 410 Posts