Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thread is back from the dead, enjoy

so i got this car for a steal. 1997 integra ls auto with blown headgasket. the car came from texas so no rear wheel well rust

plans for the car are

Head
4 piston rbb head
Tool steel ips kme cams
supertech valve springs, seats, retainers, and flat face valves

Block
k24a4 block
tsx crank
wiseco k24 87.5mm 12.5 pistons
BP pro i beams
ati super damper

brakes and suspension
Spoon calipers
jdm itr 5 lug swap
koni/ground control

exhaust
kteller 3 inch piping
vibrant muffler and resonator
vband clamps and flex coupling from asp
asp header

Air induction
70mm tb
rrc intake manifold

rrc has been port matched by member AWOK

interior
jdm itr rear seats
usdm itr front seats
ukdm itr cluster

exterior
98+ jdm front end
98+ rear bumper
98+ tail lights
mugen gen 1 wing
integra optional sides and rear valences

engine managment
05-06 kpro

random stuff

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Re: lookie what came for me today

nice....you should give me those cams in the last few pics....i heard that they suck...so just send them to me just run stock cams.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

nice....you should give me those cams in the last few pics....i heard that they suck...so just send them to me just run stock cams.
illl send you my old cams free of charge you just pay shipping, ill be ripping the motor out in nov when i come home for leave for 2 weeks

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

lmao @ the old cams free of charge..:D

looks good dude :up::up:
also have the optional sides and rear valances, have had them for years when i still had my gsr back in 05.. i couldnt sell the optional sides and rear valences, i knew they were rare. so this dc2 will be a 300whp street monster, oem fromt he ground up. only thing im stuck at is what clutch? i have a cc twin disk on the car now(kept poppin cm fx400's) i also have a tilton twin disk at home with 200m on it, with hydrolic throw out bearing kit, and tilton cmc. i keep reading though that a cc stage 4 clutch will be fine

·
Registered
39,473 Posts

I have had the exedy stage 2, 3 puck clutch since 06 and it's still holding up great. :up:

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I have had the exedy stage 2, 3 puck clutch since 06 and it's still holding up great. :up:
whp and wtq? im brutel with clutchs, i cant even deany it, when i build a car i beat on it, probly why im always fixing my rsx lol

·
Registered
39,473 Posts

at first it was a stock type s then built bottom 2.1 type s putting out around 240/175 to the wheels :up: if it looks good when I take it off again, might just use it on the 2.4 too...clutch wear usually has more to do with driving style than actual beating anyway.

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

at first it was a stock type s then built bottom 2.1 type s putting out around 240/175 to the wheels :up: if it looks good when I take it off again, might just use it on the 2.4 too...clutch wear usually has more to do with driving style than actual beating anyway.
so is this considered bad driving style lol fx400x2 ftw:down:

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

might be the tq with the 2.4l blocks. idk really my cc twin disk holds up just fine. if a cc stage 4 can hold up to it, ill take it, and i can sell both my twin disk, and buy some mugen rims

·
Registered
39,473 Posts

lol :dance:

dude, u might as well turn this into a build thread..think of a title and i'll change it up. :up:

·
M U G E N !!!!!!!!!!
6,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

lol :dance:

dude, u might as well turn this into a build thread..think of a title and i'll change it up. :up:
didnt really want too since i wont actually be building till the spring time when im home for good, just wanted to show my parts off, damn it i need a name change too, since i dont like this name, wish my name was k24dc2, but ok go ahead change it to type s o yes spring 2011 build thread

1 - 20 of 331 Posts