Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 SI and was wondering if it's worth the money and time to remove the DBW. Also if I did would FlashPro now work anymore? The reason I want to is I want to go N/A and do the individual T/B's. Thank you for the help! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
It is not worth the money and time. I would wait for now, I have seen a dbw itb setup on 8thcivic.com in testing now.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
I own a 2007 SI and was wondering if it's worth the money and time to remove the DBW. Also if I did would FlashPro now work anymore? The reason I want to is I want to go N/A and do the individual T/B's. Thank you for the help! :)
It does'nt cost alot to do it,but unless you are dead set on ITB's or a extremely large conventional TB then it's not worth it to do the work.Yes your FP will still work,you just won't need the throttle maps that come with the basemaps.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
He probably means throttle response compared to cable.
well there are throttle maps available with flashpro that get rid of the lag....it's a night and day difference to me.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
well there are throttle maps available with flashpro that get rid of the lag....it's a night and day difference to me.
Yeah I have heard the same. I have kept my SI stock as a daily of mine has ever been...just an intake. Flashpro does sound like a good mod after a header.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Yeah I have heard the same. I have kept my SI stock as a daily of mine has ever been...just an intake. Flashpro does sound like a good mod after a header.
I can confirm personally that the throttle maps that come with FP almost totally eliminate rev hang and improve throttle response.They are modeled after the CTR maps,so I trust it's as good as it gets.

·
Registered
225 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts