Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 TSX 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 100k mile k24z3 head that im rebuilding as a spare since I'm building the block and going to use a different head on it.
Everything looks good in the head and I want to know what I can reuse and what I should replace to have a reliable head without buying all new parts.
I was thinking exhaust valves should be replaced because of carbon build up, along with replacing seals and stems while reusing everything else.
I am new engine/head building so all help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have a 100k mile k24z3 head that im rebuilding as a spare since I'm building the block and going to use a different head on it.
Everything looks good in the head and I want to know what I can reuse and what I should replace to have a reliable head without buying all new parts.
I was thinking exhaust valves should be replaced because of carbon build up, along with replacing seals and stems while reusing everything else.
I am new engine/head building so all help is appreciated.
Thanks
Honestly new valve seals and a good hot tank/resurface should do it if you aren’t planning on anything other than original intended use. If you see boost or high rpm/bigger cams in the future then dual valve springs and retainers Would be a good idea. Exhaust Valves may just need good cleaning and polish as well but your preference on that one.

·
Registered
2010 TSX 6MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive heard they dont flow the best so I only plan on keeping it stock. The swapped head will get everything upgraded.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts