Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'm seriously thinking of doing this swap instead of building an allmotor d-series. I was thinking of using a k24 bottom end and have a k20a2 head mated to it. Can this swap be done in a crx for under 5500? Please help
I called a shop and they quoted 12000-13000 for engine and to put it in.
I think that's a little ridiculous. I;m pretty sure I could do the swap myself but all things electrical scare the hell out of me. Thanks for helping out a noob! :up:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live in Va. I think I'm going to start selling all the d-series stuff i've got.
guess i better save a couple more grand. I was hoping to do this for about
5500-6000 dollars. Kinda want to be one of the first in my area to have this swap. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
blueallie said:
I live in Va. I think I'm going to start selling all the d-series stuff i've got.
guess i better save a couple more grand. I was hoping to do this for about
5500-6000 dollars. Kinda want to be one of the first in my area to have this swap. :)
mine has cost a lil over 5200 but i also got my motor for 2800

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been watching the RSX engines on eBay and there's been K20A's (type s) for $2700. Phone around and I bet you could get one for cheaper from one of those JDM import warehouses. If you are worried about price, then just sit on eBay and wait for the deals to come - you just have to be patient. I've done my whole car like this and its paid off.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The price can REALLY vary depending on parts used.

SO 12-13G's is deff achievable by a comp using all highend parts.

say 6 for K20a R
1 for ecu
1 for header
550 for mounts
350 for harness
350 for axles
250 for fuel system
100 fuel pump
140 fpr
These are just some parts. Does not include many more if you choose to do like clutch line, radiator, pulleys, labor etc..... It can add up very quick.

·
Registered
693 Posts
hey i live in Va and i just go a 90 crx and i just striped it Drag car only and ive allready found k24 longblock 3000miles 750.00 k20a2 head for 650 so im sure if you look around and dont jump at the first thing you see, you can get it done real cheap. If you need help let me know im trying to get several blocks and heads for future build ups, in case im not happy with the all motor one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.