Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have alwayy wondered about these cams but never really heard any stories.
Do they make good power in all areas or what? yes i know i tried searching but my search button just wont work for me. could yall please help me out, maybe some dyno charts, experiences? Thank you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
just got mine installed and tuned...made 248hp and 173lb. RBC manifold, Sparks Headers:)

i have alwayy wondered about these cams but never really heard any stories.
Do they make good power in all areas or what? yes i know i tried searching but my search button just wont work for me. could yall please help me out, maybe some dyno charts, experiences? Thank you.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
You can also try buddyclub cams. I heard that on a cam doctor, buddyclub stage 3 and rcrew stage 3 have the same specs. The same factory in taiwan makes them and just rebrands them. Rumor has it that there are 2 more companies who are using the exact same profile.

Buddyclub being a bigger company than rcrew, gets better pricing on these cams so you might be able to get a better deal if you want these cams. Compared to the skunk2 cams on a motor in singapore that my friend tested, they made around 10 whp more.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You can also try buddyclub cams. I heard that on a cam doctor, buddyclub stage 3 and rcrew stage 3 have the same specs. The same factory in taiwan makes them and just rebrands them. Rumor has it that there are 2 more companies who are using the exact same profile.

Buddyclub being a bigger company than rcrew, gets better pricing on these cams so you might be able to get a better deal if you want these cams. Compared to the skunk2 cams on a motor in singapore that my friend tested, they made around 10 whp more.
wow those are some tuff words so are u sayin everybody bites off everybody so theres no R&D from either company they jus dish out money to buy premade cams? and on another note when was the last time u seen buddy club cams in a bone stock k20 run 11s? jw :confused:

·
Registered
672 Posts
wow those are some tuff words so are u sayin everybody bites off everybody so theres no R&D from either company they jus dish out money to buy premade cams? and on another note when was the last time u seen buddy club cams in a bone stock k20 run 11s? jw :confused:
If you think about it how different can each cam be in the selection producing similar results, on a given motor.

·
Registered
699 Posts
the cam doctor don;t lie my friend.. they are the same cams
how can that be when no 1 except for us has a set of the cams , and to be truthful we have 4 diff sets of cams , your sources are seriously incorrect. we tested 4 different cam profiles until we found 1 that makes a reasonable amount of power over the stage 2s. and that is the set going into production shortly , so how can some 1 else have a set of rcrew 3s when we named this cam. out of the 4 sets we have to test..

eric...

·
Registered
672 Posts
how can that be when no 1 except for us has a set of the cams , and to be truthful we have 4 diff sets of cams , your sources are seriously incorrect. we tested 4 different cam profiles until we found 1 that makes a reasonable amount of power over the stage 2s. and that is the set going into production shortly , so how can some 1 else have a set of rcrew 3s when we named this cam. out of the 4 sets we have to test..

eric...
He may have been referring to your stage 2's as the Buddy Club spec 3s are basically considered stage 2 cams. Not joining in the who copied who or what not.

·
Registered
699 Posts
He may have been referring to your stage 2's as the Buddy Club spec 3s are basically considered stage 2 cams. Not joining in the who copied who or what not.
Originally Posted by nikos

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Yeah, buddyclub decided to drop the old stage 2 and replace them what used to be stage 3... now called stage 2.. getting ready to release the buddyclub st1 and st2 cams.

Yosolo, it doesn;t really matter what you tested. Rcrew cams are bought from the same place as the buddy club cams. I would not post rumor or speculation unless it was 100% true. I have confirmed it with a few tuners and they all agree... They are the same cams, rebranded. Rick Solis posted the pdf catalogue from taiwan. I am not going to get into it... It doesn;t matter to me. It doesn't really matter who designed the cam.. I can tell you for sure that rcrew, a swap shop in the bay area doesn;t have the resources to design cams from scratch.. They just used what the thought was the best cam profile at that time. New stages and profiles will come out. Don't believe everything you read. Everyone wants to make money.. including the dealers and the companies. As an rcrew dealer, you feel the need to protect your product, but I have nothing to gain by telling you the truth... Buddyclub and rcrew are the same cams.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
who cares, power is power.. i rather buy the "copies" for $1000 when the make the same or more power than "official" $2000 cams.

anyway, since buddyclub and rcrew both just buy these cams, then who designed them? cuz they make dam good power it seems...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Originally Posted by nikos
Yeah and his reference to Buddyclub stage 3 were actually spec 3's which are stage 2s. I was just clarifying.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well as much as i want to spend more money i have to buy a k24 block, pistons, rods, bearings, the goodies. my motor is hurt on the bottom and figured id go a diff. route. still might get the rcrew cams during the build but who knows.
thank you guys for the info.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts