Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Rbc manifold problem

808 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Lotus 
#1 ·
Okay so I decided to put a rbc manifold on my k20a2 swap hatch n I’m using an adapter to put on the stock prb throttle body n everything was goin smooth until I turned on the car , idle was really bad it would stay I’d say @ 500 rpm idle or way less , could it be because I added a gasket in between the rbc mani and the adapter plate ?

#9 ·
Okay so i finally revisited the problem n took everything apart I realized once taking off the spacer that the gasket wasn’t really doing its job so I put silicone on it n put everything back n it sure does idle better , but my air fuel ratio marks a lot lower than with the stock mani , so I’m guessing I need a tune ? Note that I’ve never gotten a tune since I’ve done the swap , I’ve been slowly piecing parts together while driving it like that , so basically it idles around I’d say 700-900rpm now but once I do add some gas idle goes bad n car dies , thoughts ?

#13 ·
Update : so I adjusted this little knob that requires a very small Allen wrench located by the throttle and idle was a lot better doesn’t turn off when adding gas or nothing, idle stays where it was originally, I decided to adjust this as my last resort since I was literally finding no signs of leaks or any corrosion or something in the idle air control , but a/f is still noticeably lower than before still don’t know why that is

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.