Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
dont forget to add the k24a4 from the accord to that list of heads you dont need to modifiy...its straight plug and play..

as for the 2001-2005 civic with the rbc manifold.. it fits.. we actually have more room in our engine bays than the 2002-2005 ep3 in the manifold area... already did a friends car.. you just gotta trim away a little at the upper support

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah z1 is just like the 02-04 heads but whoever said that you have to cut the the water port off the rbc to fit on the tsx head is wrong. i just put my rbc on my k24a2 about 4 hours ago with no problem...🆙
I have a TSX wanted to know if i put the rbc on it will it perform better or will it lose low end torque

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah z1 is just like the 02-04 heads but whoever said that you have to cut the the water port off the rbc to fit on the tsx head is wrong. i just put my rbc on my k24a2 about 4 hours ago with no problem...🆙
What kind of throttle body are you running with the rbc manifold? I'm doing a ef k24a2 swap and I need to get the rbc manifold as far as that goes where can I get the throttle body?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cl7 euro r throttle body fits the rbc manifold since its factory fitted with a cable. I don't know if you'll find one in the states very easily though...

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,186 Posts
What kind of throttle body are you running with the rbc manifold? I'm doing a ef k24a2 swap and I need to get the rbc manifold as far as that goes where can I get the throttle body?
You can also do a b series throttle body with the k2b plate but you need to wire map and tps up. It cost me about $50 for the adapter and $70 for the 70mm Tb.
66DCDA49-454A-489F-A00C-7F91C87F302C.png

also the cable will pull the wrong way so if you go this route you swap the cable wheel off an oem gsr throttle body. It seems like a lot of trouble but I had all the parts close by to make it happen. If you need an rbc adapter plate for type s throttle body I have a spare one I’ll send out to you cheap.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,246 Posts
You can also do a b series throttle body with the k2b plate but you need to wire map and tps up. It cost me about $50 for the adapter and $70 for the 70mm Tb.

also the cable will pull the wrong way so if you go this route you swap the cable wheel off an oem gsr throttle body. It seems like a lot of trouble but I had all the parts close by to make it happen. If you need an rbc adapter plate for type s throttle body I have a spare one I’ll send out to you cheap.
A lot of swap here and there, but interesting. What size does the B-series TB regarding the ID have? I have a customer with an RSP, which shares the bolt pattern of the RBC/RRC too. K-Tuned, Tegiwa, Skunk2, and all those aftermarket supporters have adapter solutions to bolt on an A-type TB on a RBC/RRC/RSP IM. They want to see 70-80 Euro here in Europe. Not sure what it cost in the US.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,186 Posts
A lot of swap here and there, but interesting. What size does the B-series TB regarding the ID have? I have a customer with an RSP, which shares the bolt pattern of the RBC/RRC too. K-Tuned, Tegiwa, Skunk2, and all those aftermarket supporters have adapter solutions to bolt on an A-type TB on a RBC/RRC/RSP IM. They want to see 70-80 Euro here in Europe. Not sure what it cost in the US.
the oem b series throttle bodies are 58-62 mm if I recall correctly. I already had the TB which is why I went that route. The adapter plates all cost about the same 40-70 usd give or take on brand for the b series and the type s style. I sourced an oem b series tps /map sensor pigtail and will be wiring those in soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I'll save you some money, use the throttle body from a 2003 Honda accord dx 5 spd. Fits perfectly 👌

21 - 35 of 35 Posts