Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
it bolts right on all you need is the Karcepts Adapter for the TB. Also gets rid of the EGR and water coolant port bybass i think. I could be wrong.

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
isnt there something to do with the heater passage nad coolant port that needs to be modified?

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
2k2_nbp_egg said:
The head doesn't need to be modified, the manifold does. Just take a k20 IM gasket, put it up to the RBC's flange, and you'll see what part of the flange needs to be cut off. After you do that, of course you'll need an adapter plate. I'm running the karcepts one because the fitament is dank, where the other ones are like shwag. After that you will need to notch out some of your radiator support, but you'll be able to tell what needs to get cut out when the manifold is hooked up to the motor, so definitely unbolt the radiator support when you're installing it first. The last thing is that you'll need an injen cai with the rubber elbow to still run a cai on it

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
you ONLY need to do the above procedure when mating the rbc to any head (k24 or k20) other than the following:

TSX
06+ Si
Euro R

Everything else needs the RBC flange to be cut. You are ok with with your tsx. It will bolt on no problem.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
You do not cut off anything to fit the K24 head or Z3 head, ONLY the PRB head.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I thought the z1 head was just like the 02-04 heads?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
It has the coolant passage on the end of the head. (at least the Z1 motor I bought(in pieces)). So I will edit my previous post as I cant say it came that way from the factory for sure.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
PapiTuyo326 said:
I thought the z1 head was just like the 02-04 heads?
Yeah z1 is just like the 02-04 heads but whoever said that you have to cut the the water port off the rbc to fit on the tsx head is wrong. i just put my rbc on my k24a2 about 4 hours ago with no problem...:up:

·
IMAKEBOOSTATIDLE
6,914 Posts
So did you fit a RBC into a 2002 civic chassis?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yep, here... though it is a EP chassis...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
talonxracer said:
You do not cut off anything to fit the K24 head or Z3 head, ONLY the PRB head.
Unless it's a CRV head... They require modifying.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
ImportRacer2123 said:
So did you fit a RBC into a 2002 civic chassis?
The TSX is in my 00 SI which has the RBC, my 02 civic has the stock type-r manifold..I was thinking of doing the RBC but i would have to cut the upper radiator support like that EP3 up top.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
Yes if you put a RBC on a CRV (k24a1) you would need to modifly it....the only engines that the RBC would fit perfect would be K24a2,k20z3 and the Euro-R....let just put it that way...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
If you want to fit an RBC onto a CRV head, yes you need to modify it in the same manner you would modify the RBC for an RSX-S head. The CRV head has an identical setup as far as intake manifold location and coolant port location as the RSX-S does.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts