Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is the same intake mani's on a straight line

Looks to be 1 inch lower :thumbup: I think it will fit now :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
milled the flange eyy.. does the hood clear now? how much and what angle you do on the flange? looks good.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its machined from nothing on the top, to half think on the bottom flange... I havent tested it yet, but people are getting it to work with washers on the mounts, and hood hinged... so i think a inch lower plenum will be good enough... and I have to cut the hood a bit more:up: Ill post if it closes soon enough.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
i've been wondering what the effect on power would be from changing the angle of the airflow by doing that

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Its machined from nothing on the top, to half think on the bottom flange... I havent tested it yet, but people are getting it to work with washers on the mounts, and hood hinged... so i think a inch lower plenum will be good enough... and I have to cut the hood a bit more:up: Ill post if it closes soon enough.

sweet, in for the results.:up:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya, im gunna shave all the useless stuff off the intake mani:up::up:

·
Registered
47 Posts
HAHA I am doing the exact same thing, including the mani shave :up: I just came up with the idea a week ago and shaving the flange, If it dont clear still I got a back up plan:)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I plan to cut the hood a bit more (webbing), and worst case put a washer under the mounts... whats your backup plan?

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

your goooooooooooood. your brain never stops! good job.

p.s. the header made 238/176 :dance:

·
HONDA HEAVEN RIP
2,754 Posts
I plan to cut the hood a bit more (webbing), and worst case put a washer under the mounts... whats your backup plan?
instead of washers, since your you, can you have someone make a billet spacer for under the mount? you know like a traced version of the mount?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts