Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

For those of you that want to install the RBC in a EG, you are going to have to do something about that thing…

It hits the hood and needs to be removed and bent… I have not decided what to do with it but my hood will not close because of it

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
as you can see here on the hondata Civic, it is removed

Just another pain in the neck because I am going to have to remove the manifold again in order to cut and plug it!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
just tap the hole and get a low pro 90 thats what i'm doing

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
nikos said:
Well,

For those of you that want to install the RBC in a EG, you are going to have to do something about that thing…

It hits the hood and needs to be removed and bent… I have not decided what to do with it but my hood will not close because of it
That is just pressed in. I took a look at it yesterday and plan on removing mine and replacing it with something more low profile
kris

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does look like it is pressed.. however… after playing with it… I don’t think it is planning to come out, lol

·
Banned
4,358 Posts
Worst case scenario, jam a flat edge(screwdriver) inbetween the pipe and the manifold and wiggle it up. It appears that it will come right out after the initial movement is made.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
you guys are dummies... vise grips, pliers, screwdrivers used like pry bars.... oh god, reminds me of when nikos put duct tape on his alternator pulley

just get a propane torche and heat up the manifold around the thing and then take it out by hand it will be so easy (note: use gloves)

do your best not to heat the actual tube itself, and make sure you dont melt your manifold!

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok I got it out.. I guess that wasn't the only problem.. LMAO That sensor on top of the k20a TB is touching now...

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NickZED said:
with the KARCEPTS adapter?

nikos, you have a k24 correct? also, do you have a hood prop?
NO, I am using the Speedwer adaptor... yes a k24a

What is a hood prop?

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Mine fits fine w/ a k20. The EVAP sensor is super close and doesn't interfere with my CF hood, but I know it can interfere on other hoods. The EG will have the worst hood interferences of all chassis when using an RBC IM.

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, there are certain days-weeks where you should just step away from your car.. because everything you touch turns to shit.. Today is such a day for me... After taking it out, I tried to plug the hole.... Well after trying different size plug I found one that worked... Well I pushed in the hole and I knew I could push it alittle bit more but it didn't want to go more in... so I pushed a little bit more... and sloooooooooop.... plug went in the manifold...

LMAO... so now I need to take it out, right? WRONG!!! Removing the TB with the radiator hose still attached seems like a hard task..... well... after 20 minutes of wasting my time.... no way... I need to take all the sensor wiring out and the upper hose out as well....

As far as the hood clearance, I am going to have my friend come over with his plasma cutter to cut under my hood...

THE END

1 - 20 of 45 Posts