2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have:
  • K24A2 head (TSX, not RSX)
  • RSX-S throttlebody
  • RBB intake manifold
  • OBX IM adaptor
They don't fit together!

The adaptor fits the IM just fine, though I realize the RBB has to be modified, no problem. However, the throttlebody doesn't really fit anything. Flipping it this way and that gets two of the four holes to "pretty much" line up, but it absolutely will not line up all four holes. So either I don't have the parts I think I have or bought the wrong ones.

Help me out here, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Okay, I have:
  • K24A2 head (TSX, not RSX)
  • RSX-S throttlebody
  • RBB intake manifold
  • OBX IM adaptor
They don't fit together!

The adaptor fits the IM just fine, though I realize the RBB has to be modified, no problem. However, the throttlebody doesn't really fit anything. Flipping it this way and that gets two of the four holes to "pretty much" line up, but it absolutely will not line up all four holes. So either I don't have the parts I think I have or bought the wrong ones.

Help me out here, thanks!

Oops, adding pictures now...

Maybe that is your problem..

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe that obx is only for rbc mani and type s tb
No, they claim RBB, too.

LOL, must be the Polish in me... yes, using the Karcepts instructions shows how it (the OBX adaptor) attaches, and it does - perfectly.

(FWIW, the OBX looks exactly like the Karcepts part, but they didn't tap the holes so that the TB can bolt onto the adaptor... I wonder if they forgot, or planned on letting the ordinary bolts thread their way into the aluminum block :down: That's way I get for buying cheap I guess.)

Thanks, yet again, 1320WhtRex!

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
LOL.. That sucks.... Post up a pic of it.....

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
The recessed holes are for the RBB/RBC pattern and require short allen head bolts vrs the stud that you have, with the IAC hole towards the bottom front side. Then the PRB TB will fit cocked slightly in a clockwise position. Are the other holes threaded, they would be used for the TB bolts/studs.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
I bet what you recieved was simply a spacer for the RBB/RBC mani and not an actual adaptor. Measure the supposed adaptor holes and see if they match the bolt pattern for the RBC/RBB.
That is exactly the same thing I was thinking after reviewing Karcepts site...

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
That is exactly the same thing I was thinking after reviewing Karcepts site...

But after looking closer at his pics that is indeed an adaptor, I think he hasnt put it on correctly yet,

His second pic shows it properly orientated, but he needs to remove the studs and use allen bolts.

Go to Karcepts site and download their directions, and follow those for the actual install that should get you where you need to be.

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
Thanks for the pics.... :up:
Yes it is indeed an adapter that you simply need to install correctly.. The backside where you can only see 4 holes matches up with the IM and the other side matches up with the TB...
His second pic shows it properly orientated, but he needs to remove the studs and use allen bolts.
x2......
Did you get the allen bolts with the kit??

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, there's nothing like unzipping in front of the forum, knowing my shortcomings will be pointed out, but hell, sometimes it's worth it to get things figured out without going crazy.

Yes the Karcepts instructions (compared to zero OBX instructions) set me straight, but sure enough, the holes aren't tapped, which I just did, 8mm x 1.25 thread. (And yes, the adaptor does come with hardware and gaskets. I'm putting it together right now just to have it fit up.)

Attached is the successfully assembled unit. Thanks a lot guys, really.

BTW, what's that brass sensor in the upper right corner of the picture. I managed to bust it and wonder if I need another. [edit] Nevermind, it gets cut off anyway.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Glad we could help to get you going and you didnt have to pull all your hair out in frustration.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
what about getting air from the manifold to the IACV port on the TB? looks like its blocked off completely

looks like he will have to drill & tap a hole in the bottom of the adapter & use a fitting there to run to a hole & a fitting tapped in the manifold

the manifold posted is a '06+ RBB that does not have a IACV port

have fun trying to get that thing to idle without a line running to the IACV port to the manifold. I am in the same boat but looks like PirateMcFred will be helping me out of a jam :up:

·
Super Moderator
26,613 Posts
As stated in the other thread, you can disable the IACV through Kpro..

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
what about getting air from the manifold to the IACV port on the TB? looks like its blocked off completely

looks like he will have to drill & tap a hole in the bottom of the adapter & use a fitting there to run to a hole & a fitting tapped in the manifold

the manifold posted is a '06+ RBB that does not have a IACV port

have fun trying to get that thing to idle without a line running to the IACV port to the manifold. I am in the same boat but looks like PirateMcFred will be helping me out of a jam :up:
It is a very simple fix to utilize the IAC with the RBB or RRC, you place the adaptor on the mani and simply trace the adaptors IAC opening onto the mani and then open up the mani's flange ona bevel to allow the air to pass normally, You will also have to open up the adaptor opening as well, beveling upwards towards the mani maintaining the original opening on the face that meets the TB. It isnt rocket science...

·
Registered
708 Posts
It is a very simple fix to utilize the IAC with the RBB or RRC, you place the adaptor on the mani and simply trace the adaptors IAC opening onto the mani and then open up the mani's flange ona bevel to allow the air to pass normally, You will also have to open up the adaptor opening as well, beveling upwards towards the mani maintaining the original opening on the face that meets the TB. It isnt rocket science...

Cool, I'm about to do that to my 06 tsx manifold with the karcepts adapter running a k20a2 tb..

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's exactly what I did.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Its more difficult than i thought. Took off the Tb to find out there is no space to cut out for the iac.
The material isnt removed from the TB, but from the mani and the TB adaptor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same shit happened to me with the obx adapter never tapped the holes for the T.B. to screw into. Lucky for me my friend lost his liscense and I just traded him adapters and his karcept adpter works perfect. Obx equals poopie

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
That's exactly what I did.
Its more difficult than i thought. Took off the Tb to find out there is no space to cut out for the iac.
The material isnt removed from the TB, but from the mani and the TB adaptor.
anybody know where a diy is for this? or if it even actually works?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts