Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Unfortunately not, I'm busy with the Finnish Championship. Btw. they are driwing one of the ERCs in Finland in late summer as well.

Sorry, I haven't updated this thread for a while. I've made updates to my website. That's also the reason why most of the images here won't work:

www.hrmotorsport.fi (Only in Finnish) and,

facebook page: HRmotorsport.

Since last update, I've tried DC4 cams to my engine. I got more power, but less torque than with BP2. One thing to notice, was that I wasn't able to run more than 36 deg. of VTC, as I used the same VTC gear than for the BP.

Does anyone know, would DC4 require even more VTC advance than that? At least dyno showed that it would have required more, as VTC advance was on max. almost all the time.

What has also happened, is that I have even shorter gearbox now :D
Now, during spring break, I will install new double-disc clutch from AP racing. Hopefully that will fix my clutch problems, I made a new flywheel for that as well.

I had very bad luck during winter season. In first race, ECU had done something mysterious and I was missing 60 hp from engine. Second race, I was in 2.nd position until outer CV joint broke. In. 3rd race engine had some mysterious problems at a time, but I managed to run on 3.rd position until I made partially my own mistake and lost a few positions.

I will soon put new images and videos to Facebook and website. Videos are always linked to www.youtube.com/ukir85. Enjoy :)

Great thread, and project!

Are you coming to Laanke for the ERC round this season? (I think they have a "nasjonal" class at the same event that should fit your car).

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ahh, I see.

Found you on Facebook :)

Is it valve to piston clearance you're have problems with? Or valve to valve?

Have you tried different settings on the exhaust cam gear btw? Look like you had it advanced almost all the way on the cam gear? That can't be ideal?

I understand that getting the intake cam perfect on the timing is more important than the exhaust, but still, it just looked like "to much".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
:D

It's about v2p, but it's not actually an issue. I just thought 36 degrees advance is enough for DC4 as that is the max. advance I run for the BP2. The gear is limited to 36 degrees.

Exhaust side is retarded only 4 degrees. I'm not sure where you saw a picture which would show more than that?

Yep, I tried the EX cam advance in dyno as well, the -4 degrees gave the best values. I have also tried different exhaust/intake setups. I think I should redyno the DC4's with 50 degree VTC gear.

Ahh, I see.

Found you on Facebook :)

Is it valve to piston clearance you're have problems with? Or valve to valve?

Have you tried different settings on the exhaust cam gear btw? Look like you had it advanced almost all the way on the cam gear? That can't be ideal?

I understand that getting the intake cam perfect on the timing is more important than the exhaust, but still, it just looked like "to much".

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Hi,

Let's give a quick update here, what's going on recently.

Car is again rebuilt for the new season. Unfortunately I've been too busy with the new business building dogbox trannies, hence I will not drive all races next season. If interested, check out the GearMotive page:
https://www.facebook.com/gearmotive/

The engine has been rebuilt:
Engine1
Engine2

Tranny goes through some modifications, 6spd Dogbox:
Tranny

Dyno video before rebuild, some new things were tried.

You can follow the progress in FB site:
HRmotorsport FB

121 - 125 of 125 Posts