Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
radiator and battery question

i have a rsx radiator that does not want to go in properly.
the over flow hits the alternator the bottom does not line up in the holes and it looks like the top brackets are too small. what radiator did u guys use with with ur swap that had the least amount of issues? im thinking the SI radiator would fit better LMK?

also i relocated my battery to my trunk and i searched on how to run the cables. my question is could i run just one cable from my battery to the starter and where it connects to the starter use the stock cable from there to the fusebox ? would there be any problems if i ran it like that? thanks....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think thats wat im gonna do.. what about the cables u think i could run them like that or will there be problems?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: radiator and battery question

i have a rsx radiator that does not want to go in properly.
the over flow hits the alternator the bottom does not line up in the holes and it looks like the top brackets are too small. what radiator did u guys use with with ur swap that had the least amount of issues? im thinking the SI radiator would fit better LMK?

also i relocated my battery to my trunk and i searched on how to run the cables. my question is could i run just one cable from my battery to the starter and where it connects to the starter use the stock cable from there to the fusebox ? would there be any problems if i ran it like that? thanks....
We have a line of radiators meant specifically for k-swap applications. You didn't mention your chassis, but we have half size and full size radiators for the EG, EK, and Del Sol, a full size radiator for the DC2, and a full size radiator for the EF. All use aluminum cores and endtanks and have bungs for the temp sensor and fan switch. They also have inlets/outlets specifically oriented to make hose routing easier on a k-swap. The half size radiators for the EG, EK, and Del Sol are meant for applications where you intend to run our AC kit. The DC2 and EF full size radiators allow you to retain your stock AC condenser.

Check out these links if you're interested:
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39813
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=47505

peace,
russ

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
and how was the fitment on that radiator? what did u do to make it fit?
bolted rightup for me... the only thing i needed to trim was the plastic piece that goes over then radiator and bumper.. but instead i just took it off..

also u will not be able to use the stock radiator overflow resevoir.. ur gona have to relocate it

see the overflow

here u can kinds see the raditor a bit

·
Registered
106 Posts
I managed to get the rsx s one to fit it took a little trimming on the drivers side to make some room for the ac llines going into the condensor. also a little bending of the upper support to make room for the upper hose. squishing of the center support to fit between the stock rsx fans.
a hammer some snips and alot of repitition it will go in. :cool: i'm going to use my civic overflow and flip it around to the pass. side. ( i don't have power steering so there is some room for it.)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
maybe im mistaken , but i think the ep3 rad is a direct fit is it not?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts