Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Yes will fit. Just need to cutoff condensor brackets and relocate and make your own rad mount brackets. Looks totally OEM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NickZED20 said:
i thought his dad was buying him a supra... i used to go to school with him :p
I know he is looking for a supra but its hard to find a clean car. I used to have a K20A in my RSX, Did you complete you K20 swap into your EG? He told me about your swap a while ago.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
LCDC5 said:
I know he is looking for a supra but its hard to find a clean car. I used to have a K20A in my RSX, Did you complete you K20 swap into your EG? He told me about your swap a while ago.
no its comming together though... i decided to hold off over winter (montreal sucks) and take it out in may

in the meantime, ive been working on putting together a forged K24 base and a bunch of stuff to the chassis for now

should be pretty clean, im putting alot of time and planning into it
 

·
F1 Junky
Joined
·
2,017 Posts
Small world :wow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds good. I am going to do a swap on an EG, but I'm just debating on wether or not to buy a K20A or an A2 and put an LSD, clutch, Flywheel and other neccesities. I think it will probably be easier to just get a K20a like my last swap, by the time I put the money in to a type s. I'm going to take my time building it but it would be nice to have it for summer. Any other tips you can give would be great, do you have any sources for motors in Montreal?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
LCDC5 said:
Sounds good. I am going to do a swap on an EG, but I'm just debating on wether or not to buy a K20A or an A2 and put an LSD, clutch, Flywheel and other neccesities. I think it will probably be easier to just get a K20a like my last swap, by the time I put the money in to a type s. I'm going to take my time building it but it would be nice to have it for summer. Any other tips you can give would be great, do you have any sources for motors in Montreal?
not really, the K20As are expensive around here too... although ive seen a few K20A2s pop up for around 3-3.5k CND! :wow:

if your interested ill see whats currently available, if anything still up for sale i can hook you up with their numbers

i know some JDM engine shops around here, there isnt much thats worth trusting though... Nagano is shit, my friend got fuked over by them... osaka ive heard the same stuff. Japan motor import ive heard decent feedback, and i know the guys at Fast and furious motors (nice name :p ), but still the engines are expensive

http://www.fnf-motors.com/index.php?mainBlock=show_car.php&id=115
http://www.naganojapanese.com/jdm_k20a.htm
http://www.osakajdmmotors.com/introhonda.htm
http://www.japanmotorimport.com/
no clue on engine land's website, i havent heard complaints
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JDM2ndGen said:
you know whats bugging me out ...that k20a swaps cost more than a S2000 swap :confused:
They are ridiculous but there are a lot more applications for a K series than there are an F20C. Nick thanks for the Engine shops, I bought my first K20A from Lucky star in toronto and they are a bunch of scammers, the motor and everything was perfect but I just didn't get all the parts they promised, I would not buy from them again. I might buy a type s swap with low K but the added cost of the LSD, Flywheel, clutch, some motor work, I would be better off spending the money on a stock K20A wouldn't I? Does anyone here have just a stock type s in an EG with minimal mods? If so how does it go?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
i'd presonally prefer a quaife LSD over an OEM Type R LSD, and the Final drive isnt a big deal

i mean, if you are going to be upgrading for "better then type R" parts in the long run, then i dont see a point in shooting out the cash for it right now

i guess its up to your plans, present and future, cashflow, and of course what kind of deal you can get one either engine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NickZED20 said:
i'd presonally prefer a quaife LSD over an OEM Type R LSD, and the Final drive isnt a big deal

i mean, if you are going to be upgrading for "better then type R" parts in the long run, then i dont see a point in shooting out the cash for it right now

i guess its up to your plans, present and future, cashflow, and of course what kind of deal you can get one either engine
The Final drive doesn't matter to me because of the tire size I will be running, but and LSD is a neccessity as I have already made over 200+whp with my rsx and torque steer was a bitch. I can get a really good deal on a Type s swap right now, the only things I need are the axels, TSX header, rail, regulator and lines, clutch line. And the other problem is which way to go with the ECU, if I could locate a JDM PRC ECU then I would go ahead but there not easy to come by. If you have any sources let me know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,995 Posts
sources for the ECU? not really... the parts of k-series are really limited right now in canada

i'd suggest to call those engine shops above

dont you have that mugen ECU? why not run that until you can get a KPRO?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
LCDC5 said:
They are ridiculous but there are a lot more applications for a K series than there are an F20C. Nick thanks for the Engine shops, I bought my first K20A from Lucky star in toronto and they are a bunch of scammers, the motor and everything was perfect but I just didn't get all the parts they promised, I would not buy from them again. I might buy a type s swap with low K but the added cost of the LSD, Flywheel, clutch, some motor work, I would be better off spending the money on a stock K20A wouldn't I? Does anyone here have just a stock type s in an EG with minimal mods? If so how does it go?
yea this is very true ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NickZED20 said:
sources for the ECU? not really... the parts of k-series are really limited right now in canada

i'd suggest to call those engine shops above

dont you have that mugen ECU? why not run that until you can get a KPRO?
unfortunately I sold all of my parts before when I should have kept them. I was going to start another project but nothing else was worth while.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top