Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been saving up for a racing seat on my 2002 rsx type s. My stock seats are starting to rip apart along the seams. I really like the idea of a fixed back seat and especially the Corbeau Forza. I will also be installing a c-pillar bar and a 5-point cam lock harnesses system. However, this car is daily driven and i do not want to be stuck sitting up at 90 degrees everyday. Is there a seat you would recommend that has the side bolsters/support while not compromising comfortability. Also, trying to spend less than $400 per seat. Thanks, this forum is great.

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
Been saving up for a racing seat on my 2002 rsx type s. My stock seats are starting to rip apart along the seams. I really like the idea of a fixed back seat and especially the Corbeau Forza. I will also be installing a c-pillar bar and a 5-point cam lock harnesses system. However, this car is daily driven and i do not want to be stuck sitting up at 90 degrees everyday. Is there a seat you would recommend that has the side bolsters/support while not compromising comfortability. Also, trying to spend less than $400 per seat. Thanks, this forum is great.
less than $400 per seat will get you some fairly crappy seats.If you are on a budget i suggest one of two things...buy just one seat or two save up.I suggest buying just a seat for yourself as I can tell you from experience that passengers may not like it nor will it be a one size fits all situation with a race seat,espcially if it has decent side bolsters.I also suggest getting a reclinable seat,a bit more expensive but trust me..being upright,even in a seat that fits you perfectly will begin to suck after awhile.If you are still determined to get a seat then I suggest a recaro or other high quality seat

·
Premium Member
19,963 Posts
I'm growing tired of sliding in and ut of my non reclinable bucket so I also speak from experience...I wish I had just gotten an oem honda recaro and called it a day.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
the sparco speed or speed2 fit your price range. i had a speed that was ok, but if you have never had a fixed back seat you may want to take the advice and get a reclining seat.

·
FUCK IT
9,474 Posts
I love my Bride Artis. There is a way to recline bucket seats, just not while you are driving. Its all in the seat bracket if you dont like driving straight up, you can just easily modify it.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts